IGNORED

Grail of the Gods (rogue-like or mini-RPG)

nanochess

So, what did you do Friday night?

Me? Oh... Well...

Nothing less than play the HOTTEST NEW GAME for the 40 year old MATTEL INTELLIVISION SYSTEM!!!

GRAIL OF THE GODS is the LATEST FANTASTIC GAME for the MATTEL INTELLIVISION!!!

You'll be thrilled and fear for your life as you fight DEVIOUS MONSTERS winding your way through the TREACHEROUS MAZE of the ANCIENT DUNGEON filled with TREASURES beyond your WILDEST DREAMS!!!

It won't be easy!!!

WATCH OUT!!! On your quest for the GRAIL there will be ZOMBIES, TROLLS, NYMPHS, VAMPIRES AND MORE that are out to STOP YOU ANY WAY THEY CAN!!!

But you'll find AWESOME ARMOR, MIGHTY WEAPONS and POWERFUL MAGIC POTIONS to help you along as you quest for the...

GRAIL OF THE GODS!!!!

Get your copy TODAY!!!

(may be habit forming - beer and pretzels not included)

post-42281-0-42910800-1518235685_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

This should work as is [EDIT: I fixed some bugs]:

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'stair down

sfxintx: procedure	
	if (sfxxstep=0) then sfxxstep = 22
	end

sfxx: procedure
	nn = 22-sfxxstep
	sound	2,staiddown_t#(nn),staiddown_v(nn)
	sound	4,staiddown_n(nn),$18
	sfxxstep = sfxxstep-1
	end
staiddown_t#: 	' tone period	
	data 	$160,$000,$000,$160,$000,$000,$190,$000,$000,$190,$000,$000,$1c0,$000,$000,$1c0,$000,$000,$1f0,$000,$000,$1f0
staiddown_n: 	' noise period	
	data	$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f
staiddown_v: 	' volume
	data	$f,$0,$0,$7,$0,$0,$f,$0,$0,$7,$0,$0,$f,$0,$0,$7,$0,$0,$f,$0,$0,$7

Edited by artrag

This should work as is [EDIT: I fixed some bugs]:

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'stair down

sfxintx: procedure	
	if (sfxxstep=0) then sfxxstep = 22
	end

sfxx: procedure
	nn = 22-sfxxstep
	sound	2,staiddown_t#(nn),staiddown_v(nn)
	sound	4,staiddown_n(nn),$18
	sfxxstep = sfxxstep-1
	end
staiddown_t#: 	' tone period	
	data 	$160,$000,$000,$160,$000,$000,$190,$000,$000,$190,$000,$000,$1c0,$000,$000,$1c0,$000,$000,$1f0,$000,$000,$1f0
staiddown_n: 	' noise period	
	data	$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f,$00,$00,$0f
staiddown_v: 	' volume
	data	$f,$0,$0,$7,$0,$0,$f,$0,$0,$7,$0,$0,$f,$0,$0,$7,$0,$0,$f,$0,$0,$7

Tested it but it's too fast, already made a slower effect that sounds pretty well IMHO.

Uploading new version with Game Over and Victory music by Nyuundere. Check post #1

• Like 1

I used the ROM configuration to tell LTO to use it. Right click on the rom in your ROM list (left side of LTO! Flash tool) and select "Edit ROM Features". Then select JLP and then choose "JLP04". At least that worked for me. It ROCKS on my real Intellivision in the family room!

Yeah! You found it!

Newer versions of jzIntv and the SDK-1600 have additional metadata settings that you can add to cfg files for the .bin format so this will work 'automagically' with jzIntv.

I've been working on an update to the UI software that incorporates all the new metadata feature support, but it's not quite ready yet.

• Like 4

Ok, So I just played my first game and the results are-

Depth-8

Level-9

Gold-2010

Monsters defeated-49

So I didn't win but clearly there are strategy's to be used to get to the end as I was basically just wandering around the dungeons going about my business and slashing/killing anything I could (as you do)...oh.. and also pillaging the gold and grabbing weapons.

What's with the boots? Is this to appeal to the lady players?

Next time I want to win but need a better strategy.

Next time I want to win but need a better strategy.

Clear a path to the red potion, but don't take it unless your HP is low and you cleared the floor of monsters and traps. You get a free health, armor, and weapon upon level up. Later depth(around 6-7), your experience will be half way before leveling up, so that's when you will start to take the potion when your HP is low. You do have minimum attack power which is 5+your level, so you can determine when you want to pick up a weapon. Or you want to level up first and then take the weapon for double boosted attack power. First few floors is pretty impossible to die, so slay as much monsters as you can building your attack and armor to be use for the later floor, which they will shatter into pieces. Finding gold will increase your experience by 1. Good luck.

• Like 1

I had a moment to check out the music. Very well done! Adding the drums are not easy, and keeping the speed setting to 14 also allows the CPU to do other things. Great job, sir!

I'm going to compose 12 music for each level of the game. Sure I'll add Victory and Game Over. Just give me a few days.