IGNORED

1200XL LED Board & Cable...

DavidMil

If you make them with modern full-color LED's with a dip switch or something to change colors, I'll buy a couple of them. Something I was contemplating doing with my boards on my own, at some point, but it's easier for me if you make them. ;)

Does anyone know if the little 3" x 29/32" (76mm x 23mm) circuit board for the 3 LED's in the 1200XL came in more than one size? I'm thinking of making

one for myself, since one of my 1200XL's is missing this board. And a few more while I'm at it.

DavidMil

I've only come across two types. Most have a teal green PCB and a few I've seen have a tan PCB. Both were tight fits. A common failure on these is that the solder pad is so tiny that the solder pad breaks loose and the LED stops working, but a new dab of solder fixes that up quick.

Edited by ACML

A common failure on these is that the solder pad is so tiny that the solder pad breaks loose and the LED stops working, but a new dab of solder fixes that up quick.

I can vouch for that. The pads on mine were 1 mm in OD, and with the hole in the center, there was about a quarter of millimeter left around

the hole to solder. Because it's a one sided board (and no plated through holes), the pads lifted up on several of the LED legs as I removed

the LED's. When I say came up, I mean that they were sucked into my desoldering gun. This is the first time I have seen copper traces so thin

you could almost see through them (well that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but not much)!

David