IGNORED

Anyone know How to recondition a CV controller?

Zeus

I have about 5 CV controllers that partially function. I took one of them apart, and theorize that some of the directions do not work due to metal fatigue in the little leaf springs in each direction. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on rehabilitating these old controllers?

Yes...I have fixed many CV controllers with this same issue. It isn't the leaf spring under the controller. It is in fact the metal rivet that the spring hits. Basically the top of these rivets will get worn down and even rust over time. I basically desolder the leaf springs off, and then sand off a bit of the rivet surface and then apply a small bead of solder and flatten it out. My process takes time, but I actually improve on the design becaue the solder filling the hole creates a larger surface area for the leaf spring to come in contact with. Also I remove the corrosion that was on it causing the glitchiness. Now the buttons on the keypad are a different story. I have managed to repair those...but it is way more difficult and time consuming because of the overlays on the pad itself. ugh...

Still the sticks are easy and the same basic method will work on Super controllers also.

Hope that helps...

8)

Archived