IGNORED

Hi guys I'm new here

Dch48

I'm a big fan of the ADAM computer and have been since about 1990. I have a full system with 2 tape drives, a disk drive, and a separate power supply. I also have a large collection of software both on tape and disk. The only problem is that it's all in a storage locker in Florida and I'm in upstate NY. I recently started using the Virtual ADAM emulator and I'm very impressed by it.

About 15 years ago I sent a disk to the ADAM user's group with some of my work on it and I was trying get a disk image of it from someone. I downloaded a big volume of ADAM disk images and I found one called "FrenchBASIC and compilations" I was amazed to find that it is an image of the disk that I sent in and all the files on it were made by me. There are some utilities I wrote, a couple of games, and a number of SmartLOGO files including 2 pictures I made back then. The utility called BlockMGR says it's by Hensoft Creations and that was me back then. I'll attach the image file if anyone would want to look at it. The LOGO pictures are called SHARK and FISH and I'm still proud of them today.

I made another post with this question but I'll ask it again. Is there a way to change the active drive in SmartLOGO so files can be accessed from another tape or disc? I don't remember if there is or not.

Anyway I'm attaching the disk image file so you guys can look it over.

FrenchBASIC+ Compilation.DSK

SETDEVICE n - changes the active drive. 0 and 1 are the tape drives and 4 and 5 are the disk drives. So to change to disk drive 2 it's SETDEVICE 5

LOADPICT "filename - loads logo pictures. Pictures take up 13K of storage on the tape or disk.

LOAD "filename - loads logo programs

Edited by ed1475

I'm a big fan of the ADAM computer and have been since about 1990. I have a full system with 2 tape drives, a disk drive, and a separate power supply. I also have a large collection of software both on tape and disk. The only problem is that it's all in a storage locker in Florida and I'm in upstate NY. I recently started using the Virtual ADAM emulator and I'm very impressed by it.

About 15 years ago I sent a disk to the ADAM user's group with some of my work on it and I was trying get a disk image of it from someone. I downloaded a big volume of ADAM disk images and I found one called "FrenchBASIC and compilations" I was amazed to find that it is an image of the disk that I sent in and all the files on it were made by me. There are some utilities I wrote, a couple of games, and a number of SmartLOGO files including 2 pictures I made back then. The utility called BlockMGR says it's by Hensoft Creations and that was me back then. I'll attach the image file if anyone would want to look at it. The LOGO pictures are called SHARK and FISH and I'm still proud of them today.

I made another post with this question but I'll ask it again. Is there a way to change the active drive in SmartLOGO so files can be accessed from another tape or disc? I don't remember if there is or not.

Anyway I'm attaching the disk image file so you guys can look it over.

Great artwork on the LOGO programs. The Ghost Ship game is a lot of fun.

Edited by ed1475

Thanks, I put a lot of time into those things. Did you see the 3 scenes from Nintendo games? Zelda, Metroid, and Super Mario? The pictures took a long time to get right too.

Yep, I checked out all the LOGO programs. They all work and look great.

There is another version of GhostShip on there that has to be run in the original BASIC.

Ok, I got it to work with SmartBASIC V1.0. When using French BASIC+ the game ends after firing 1 torpedo instead of 10.

post-13580-0-07035700-1518068955.jpgpost-13580-0-38687500-1518068970.jpg

post-13580-0-48459400-1518068995.jpgpost-13580-0-23996600-1518069009.jpg

post-13580-0-48071500-1518069026.jpgpost-13580-0-38005400-1518069204.jpg

Edited by ed1475
  • Like 1

Yeah a few of the commands are different in French BASIC but there are some added ones that make graphics easier to do. I just now have to figure out how to read the README and DOC files. I forgot how to do that. I can't figure out how to get a file into the WP.

Edited by Dch48