IGNORED

Atari 5200 for sale (NEW) read descrip

poseur3970

taking offers on a 5200 new in the box, so here's best way to explain this, the box definitely has some wear and for some reason was opened at some point however my father always bought 2 systems in case one broke, 2 coleco's to Atari 5200's etc, well i'm looking to downsize or sell my game collection and I went to look in the complete in box Atari 5200 to make sure everything was there and literally everything is there, the Atari is still packaged in it's original plastic pac man is in there in it's box, the controllers I guess are in this side spot with cardboard, etc. so brand new system in open box, I will post pics later but also will definitely entertain offers on this

pics I honestly believe my dad just opened it to make sure everything was there as he was a little retentive about that kind of stuff, still is as a matter of face but there is nothing at all missing manuals are sealed in the plastic with system power adapter never seen light controllers never seen light etc.

post-47017-0-84158900-1518140306.jpg

post-47017-0-42138600-1518140311.jpg

post-47017-0-75209500-1518140315.jpg

post-47017-0-97233400-1518140320.jpg

post-47017-0-31658700-1518140325.jpg

Not really in the market for one as I passed one up at a local antique/consignment store a few years ago for $180. Knew after the money I'd spend refurbing the controllers, would have a tough time getting my money back out of it here in the forums.

Now, let's look at eBay... a place where you can find records of up-to-date sales on stuff like this. A friend and member here, Peedenmark, just sold one for $399 back in December. And according to that listing, guess he sold one for $485 to someone on Craigslist? CRAIGSLIST?! Umm... let's just go with the $399 figure, since there's actually a record for that. Remember, eBay gets their 10% cut right off the top in commission plus whatever fees they charged up front. So probably looking at $350-$360 realistically.

Next, take off the forum entitlement and consultation fee and maybe (just maybe) you might be able to sell it here for $250. If you get any offers higher than that, I'd like my 10% cut of the difference please! And don't forget to send as 'friends or family' as I don't want to eat PayPal's 4% cut. :grin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

pics I honestly believe my dad just opened it to make sure everything was there as he was a little retentive about that kind of stuff, still is as a matter of face but there is nothing at all missing manuals are sealed in the plastic with system power adapter never seen light controllers never seen light etc.

PM sent