IGNORED

NOS Atari 130XE - Not working, Need Help!

DrWoo

I purchased a NOS Atari 130XE from Ebay, I believe it's NTSC, but the seller was from Venezuela. I finally purchased a Commodore 1802 monitor and a 5 pin DIN to computer 4 RCA jacks. I bought the cable from http://www.best-electronics-ca.com

The cable signal codes for the RCA jacks are as follows:
White Luma
Yellow Audio
Black Chroma(not all XL)
Red Composite

I'm able to verify the monitor works as I've connected another system to it. I've tried connecting the NOS Atari 130XE using the RCA mapping above and I've even tried a couple other combinations. Unfortunately I'm not getting a proper image. I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing. I'm looking for some suggestions how I should go about troubleshooting. I'm really bummed as I was really looking forward to getting back into Atari. I also feel like such a sucker buying a NIB machine for so much money without it being tested. My bad, live and learn.

Best Regards,
Dr.Woo

post-48768-0-55056300-1518128813_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrWoo

did you try it on another monitor /tv it may not be NTSC

most modern LCD screens will take either (and usually tell you on its little info popup), that's one of the reasons I got a good deal on a "broken" pal 65xe (the seller could not get it to work on his crt setup) ... that and it was dirty and missing screws

Edited by Osgeld

did you try it on another monitor /tv it may not be NTSC

most modern LCD screens will take either (and usually tell you on its little info popup), that's one of the reasons I got a good deal on a "broken" pal 65xe (the seller could not get it to work on his crt setup) ... that and it was dirty and missing screws

I tried connecting it to my LCD, but I used a RCA to HDMI converter box and I tried PAL and NTSC. Didn't work. Is there a way I can tell by serial number or something on the system tag that indicates if it's PAL?

The cable signal codes for the RCA jacks are as follows:

White Luma

Yellow Audio

Black Chroma(not all XL)

Red Composite

Are you sure this isn't it?

NEW_-_atari_video_cable_assy_split__chro

I'm not saying that it is right the color code could definitely be different with your cables it is whatever the manufacturer decides to use really, but I would go by a pinout and check each with a multimeter set on ohms to verify that you have the correct color code just to be on the safe side.

post-14652-0-27320400-1375609471.png

Edited by SignGuy81

Have you tried the RF out using a RF to COAX adapter to see if it works that way? Would be a start. also, if your cable is not proper, the plug colors will be different as SignGuy81 suggests.

I have a generic DIN to RCA (Y/B/R/W) that definitely does not match color wise to what I would expect. Yellow is Composite Video and Black is Audio. Red and white are not used.

I also have a Best Electronics DIN to RCA (Y/R/W) and the colors are correct. As they should be.