IGNORED

Microvision replacement screen project - pre-order & purchase here

5-11under

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question regarding the screen rot: Is it correct that it is a result of the screen being actively used? I'm asking because I ordered a sealed Microvision which has never been used. Just wondering how long the screen will work, given that it's working in the first place.

And are you going to offer international shipping (Germany)? Then I would like to take 2. Thanks!

:-o Hope I didn't spend money on a dead device. Anyhow, I would definitely like to take 2 screens please, if this thread is still open for orders.

Unfortunately there is a very good chance a sealed microvision screen is bad as it has no bearing on use, simply the deterioration of the LCD due to age. The upside is your console should be otherwise perfect!

In terms of ordering, there are only a few prototypes currently and no timeline on production as of yet due to an issue with the screens contrast. Think of it like a pre-order rather than an order so that he can get an idea of how many it's worth producing when that eventually happens.

• Like 1

I have a Microvision. I am considering selling it, but the screen is not perfect, the games still work great, but some of the lines are very faint. It's not as if it's even that easy to explain, because sometimes, it seems after its warmed up, all the blocks work fine, if you are looking at the screen from the right angle.

Still can't decide whether to sell it as it is, or wait for the possibility of a fix. Obviously, i'm not going to get much for it.

I notice that the few that are for sale claiming to be working fine are not selling, presumably this is because buyers don't believe it.

Anyway, put me down for one screen at least.

I have a question regarding the screen rot: Is it correct that it is a result of the screen being actively used? I'm asking because I ordered a sealed Microvision which has never been used. Just wondering how long the screen will work, given that it's working in the first place.

And are you going to offer international shipping (Germany)? Then I would like to take 2. Thanks!

That's not a correct assumption. These screens rot even with no use. I also a few years ago bought a BNIB Microvision which was DOA.

These screens are our best hope at keeping these systems alive. Now if someone can also come up with a paddle mod to keep those from failing as well, that would be sweet.

• Like 1

if someone can also come up with a paddle mod to keep those from failing as well, that would be sweet.

No "mod" needed, the paddle is just a generic potentiometer. All you would need do do is find one with the same specs which should be quite easy. More than likely though with the age of the potentiometer they just need to be opened up and cleaned. This is also a common issue with pong consoles and the Atari paddle controllers as they're all just potentiometers.

No "mod" needed, the paddle is just a generic potentiometer. All you would need do do is find one with the same specs which should be quite easy. More than likely though with the age of the potentiometer they just need to be opened up and cleaned. This is also a common issue with pong consoles and the Atari paddle controllers as they're all just potentiometers.

the fix in question is also stupid simple, pots that old are ridiculously easy to take apart and put back together without damaging, ive done it with my atari paddles and if you dont like that then you can try dousing the part in contact cleaner which will help though not as much as a full disassembly and cleaning

• 1 month later...