IGNORED

best way to ship 4 colecovisions and 8 controllers?

Swami

I'm guessing each system is about 9 lbs or so, right? So, in total, with packing materials it's about 43 lbs? That's not going to be super cheap. How far is it going? UPS ground or Fedex Ground are normally the cheapest options, unless it's shipping not too far, then USPS priority or parcel could be cheaper. Fedex Surepost could be cheaper, but it's slow boat from China speed- you drop off at a Fedex location, they transport and then deliver to USPS for last mile delivery. Whatever you do, insure the package- the cheaper shipping options seem to be a bit harder on parcels. When I ship something even remotely fragile I plaster the box with "FRAGILE", "GLASS", and "INSURED" in permanent marker. It may make no difference, but I have had good luck with very few package handling issues doing this.

-Michael

• Like 1

I'm guessing each system is about 9 lbs or so, right? So, in total, with packing materials it's about 43 lbs? That's not going to be super cheap. How far is it going? UPS ground or Fedex Ground are normally the cheapest options, unless it's shipping not too far, then USPS priority or parcel could be cheaper. Fedex Surepost could be cheaper, but it's slow boat from China speed- you drop off at a Fedex location, they transport and then deliver to USPS for last mile delivery. Whatever you do, insure the package- the cheaper shipping options seem to be a bit harder on parcels. When I ship something even remotely fragile I plaster the box with "FRAGILE", "GLASS", and "INSURED" in permanent marker. It may make no difference, but I have had good luck with very few package handling issues doing this.

-Michael

Going from Saint Paul, MN to Massachusetts. I haven't packaged it all up yet, but I just have a bathroom scale for weighing, so that is probably within 5% margin of error.

Edit. Bathroom scale says 20 pounds with box, but no packing. Two 8 lb weights showed 15.5 lbs, so I guess that is accurate. That should be 22-23lbs tops with packing.

Sorry! It was selling related and I swear I've seen people ask this sort of thing here before without getting cursed at (not directed at wongojack). Sometimes the best ways are not obvious on the postal sites and I haven't shipped something this big before. I've just used USPS priority for small packages. I'll use the General chat from now on.

It seems the last time I had to ship something heavy that FedEx ground was by far the cheapest option.

Also - this forum should be for actually selling your items

Fuck it - good luck!

Sorry! It was selling related and I swear I've seen people ask this sort of thing here before without getting cursed at (not directed at wongojack). Sometimes the best ways are not obvious on the postal sites and I haven't shipped something this big before. I've just used USPS priority for small packages. I'll use the General chat from now on.

Don't listen to him. He's a rude backseat moderator and should be ignored. If he has a problem with a post, he can use report like everyone else and let the actual admins and mods handle it.

Edited by RockyRaccoon

Try UPS Ground or U.S. Parcel Post. You will need to weigh everything to figure out which is cost effective, and make sure you pack this well but you probably new that already.

-Michael

It seems the last time I had to ship something heavy that FedEx ground was by far the cheapest option.

Also - this forum should be for actually selling your items

Each system only weighs about 4 pounds or less .

Don't listen to him. He's a rude backseat moderator and should be ignored. If he has a problem with a post, he can use report like everyone else and let the actual admins and mods handle it.

Okay, thanks for your help.