IGNORED

New Kickstarter From Piko Interactive - N64 Game

mmbe

Interesting, but it would have been nice if they had provided more information about the game, state it was in, development or build level etc. so we'd know what they are doing to complete it, or if it was already completed.

Unless I'm missing something?

The game is complete and just needed some clean up to clean up any dumb bugs left in the nearly finalized beta/ready to master release that it was. I had asked him about it as I know Eli and he said it was a complete game that just needed clean up to get it ready for that kickstarting campaign. They do solid work so I trust his word and he has a really solid yet very small team going on there that can work wonders taking fairly incomplete in ways to just buggy but done games and getting them up to retail (of the era) quality unlike the release and patch norm today.

40 Winks isn't hard to learn about if you read that or go google fishing for the old info on that done but never retailed game. It was a huge interest draw back at the time for N64 as it was a fairly different concept for a platformer in a sea of so many me-too styles of those games in that generation. The fact it is coming out now and both to a long lost cart format but also on the cheap for Steam means a wide market for a solid little game.

• Like 2

Piko are the ones who did the Wisdom Tree stuff. As far as I know, solid folks. I'm not much of an N64 guy, but I like the 3D platformers from that era so I may pick this up on Steam.

They get credit for the Kickstarter trailer, it gave me flashbacks to commercials on Saturday mornings. Even the announcer sounds like the guy who used to narrate trailers for kids movies when I was a young'un.

• Like 1

I had to throw down and back it last night for a 'Complete' box and Cart, love me the N64 and Piko is pretty reliable, I love my Wisdom Tree stuff they did on KS. :)

I vaguely remember a preview or ads or something from the game in Nintendo Power or GamePro.

Didn't remember it had a Co-Op mode, but that's rad. I'll enjoy playing that with my son.

Edited by Jinroh

Piko (Eli) is a generally solid guy who does some really good work on finding dead and lost IPs and bringing them back from incompleteness, from pergatory of finished with no publisher, to just stuff lost in a hellish licensing death that made a region or system and not another. Just a few employees with a very dedicated coder or two who works magic over multiple hardware formats getting stuff up to snuff that's unfinished or glitchy to a complete state that just works. He was more or less the first that bothered to make a true reproduction, a fully licensed by the owner or owned (bought out owner/IP) release games and not the bootleg lies as repros prototype sellers peddle to people like they own that stuff. He has pissed off a few collectors along the way when blocking people from peddling IP he owns (boo hoo) to trying to maybe even backdoor a sale off ebay of a proto he needed for a deal too. Depending who you ask a miracle worker to a moderate punk on which side of the spectrum you're on. But the one thing you really can't escape is that he brings back a lot of lost gems to the modern era that never made it, or did once and come back for more.

My personal beliefs won't allow me to kickstart that sucker, but I'd like to buy into that one so I may just have to speak to him on social media about it as that game looks very solid as have other projects. Hind Strike always stuck out to me as one epic SNES cart as have a few others.

Oh man, this one brings back some memories! I did a lot of work with Eurocom in my game development days and I remember when this one was in development. I never realized that the N64 version never came out! Happy to support it and get a copy of it!