IGNORED

Will the Harmony Encore work with VCS cartridge adapter?

BIGHMW

Now before I blow $400 bucks on both a non-modded 2-port 5200 unit and also the VCS cartridge adapter to got with it, there are a few questions I must get answers on before the eBay auction on the 5200 console I'm eyeing up expires in 20 hours:

1) Will the VCS cartridge adapter recognize the AtariAge 2600 Harmony Encore multi-cart as any that works with it?

and

2) Will the two-port 5200 unit work with my AtariMax 5200 Ultimate SD multi-cart as it does any other?

Thanks, a prompt, experienced answer who knows and/or who owns that kind of setup is needed.

BTW, my Insignia TV works with channel 3 analog and recognizes any unit hooked up to it like my 2600 Jr does as any antenna setup Will the 2-port 5200 unit do the same if set for channel 3? And does the 2-port 5200 work with a standard RF switch as opposed to the special box the 4-port non-modded unit uses? It would be nice to have ONE UNIT that does it all, and although I might have to sell my a/v-modded 5200 and my (purchased deadstock) 2600 Jr, at least I will have one console that works like BOTH!!! :)

I won't need the standard switchbox, this is simply because I have the necessary RCA-to-75 ohm adapter already hooked up to the 2600 Jr.

Thanks,

Ray Jackson

AtariAge user ID: BIGHMW

>>>Now before I blow $400 bucks on both a non-modded 2-port 5200 unit and also the VCS cartridge adapter to got with it,

Umm, unless you are getting a LOT of other good stuff with it, that's WAY too much money for those two items! A complete 2-port 5200 with working joysticks shouldn't cost any more than $100 at most , and the adapter generally runs for just $25-30.

>>>1) Will the VCS cartridge adapter recognize the AtariAge 2600 Harmony Encore multi-cart as any that works with it?

Unfortunately, I don't have a Harmony yet, but it really should be fine... I use the adapter all the time and it really does work just like a 2600. If someone here actually uses the adapter with a Harmony, please respond with your experiences.

>>>2) Will the two-port 5200 unit work with my AtariMax 5200 Ultimate SD multi-cart as it does any other?

My multicart is the older USB version, but two port 5200's are fairly common... if the Ultimate SD had problems with it, it would be a known issue around here. (Again, if someone else can confirm this for sure, that would be nice.)

>>>BTW, my Insignia TV works with channel 3 analog and recognizes any unit hooked up to it like my 2600 Jr does as any antenna setup Will the 2-port 5200 unit do the same if set for channel 3?

Yes, if your 2600 works well on analong channel 3, there should be no problem with a 2-port 5200... it works the exact same way.

>>>And does the 2-port 5200 work with a standard RF switch as opposed to the special box the 4-port non-modded unit uses?

That's correct. The 2-port uses the exact same kind of switchbox the 2600 does. No specialized 4-port switchbox needed.

>>>It would be nice to have ONE UNIT that does it all

I agree, it's nice to use the 5200 as a 2600 as well, and I actually find it fun to use that adapter. Do be aware that almost all 2-ports don't work with three 5200 games though: Mountain King, Pitfall!, and K-razy Shootout. It is possible to open it up and switch the BIOS for that of a 4-port to solve this problem if that really matters to you. (It may be easier just to download the "fixed" version of those games to your multicart.)

It's nice to use the 5200 as a 2600 as well, and I actually find it fun to use that adapter. Do be aware that almost all 2-ports don't work with three 5200 games though: Mountain King, Pitfall!, and K-razy Shootout. It is possible to open it up and switch the BIOS for that of a 4-port to solve this problem if that really matters to you. (It may be easier just to download the "fixed" version of those games to your multicart.)

Well I happen to have all three of those in "2-port Hack" versions, so I should be just fine, thanks!!! :)