IGNORED

Tape Games thread

Retrospect

2 hours ago, SteveB said:

The WAV seems to be a 48000Hz 32 bit Floatingpoint mono AIFF. I converted the WAV to unsigned 8bit mono PCM in order to read it with Tape994a ... but get this error, no matter what I try...

image.thumb.png.d2486ca3bea543df2e3867180e2bd8dc.png

I was able to load the file in Classic99 XB 2.9 though ... with the same result you mentioned ..

image.thumb.png.15837efa7df5321835aa688bdfe6d542.png

Other than line 0 and 30000+ this looks like a pure TI BASIC program, not XB. Who would redefine CALL COLOR and CALL CHAR...? I am slightly irritated ... 

Since it actually run I think the string was meant this way. 

CARSCARC2 5.13 kB · 2 downloads

I was trying out a method of extracting data from sound file of very distorted tape copy.  I was trying my algorithm out on various sound files I found at whtech.  I'm not familiar with Tape994a.  I assume Record 0 is the first 64 byte record after the zero leader and the message count record.  I got a good read and checksum for that record.  I did a "diff" on your data (past the 128 byte header) to my extracted binary and the first 768 bytes show some small differences in byte values.  But the BASIC program listing I got from your file is identical to the one I get from mine.

2 minutes ago, Torrax said:

You can delete lines 30000-30006 and resave it back to disk/cassette to make it a BASIC only program.

The lines are adding assembly support (32K req.) to extend the CALL CHAR and CALL COLOR for the missing character sets that are not found in XB. You can find several BASIC games/programs that were modified in this manner to run from XB.

Neat!   Thanks for the explanation.

12 hours ago, Torrax said:

You can delete lines 0 and 30000-30006 and resave it back to disk/cassette to make it a BASIC only program.

The lines are adding assembly support (32K req.) to extend the CALL CHAR and CALL COLOR for the missing character sets that are not found in XB. You can find several BASIC games/programs that were modified in this manner to run from XB.

This is really neat and totally new to me ... using the speed of XB while having all characters of TI BASIC. Something to copy ...  😇