IGNORED

jaguar controller

sciarpo

I never understood why people hate the Jaguar controller. I love it. I think it is extremely comfortable, and I don't mind the keypad. And BTW, some ass clown is charging 100 dollars just for a box of the pro controller. Thank God I have 2 of them. Maybe I can make some money and sell my boxes too. good god

• Like 4

I saw that box on ebay too. I just yesterday dug my Jaguar out of some storage bin that was kept at my mom's house (what a mess) because I was interested in tinkering around with homebrew stuff for it. I wanted to pick up some pro controllers that I vaguely remember reading about in magazines and the price was insane. Then I saw the post on this forum about the guy setting up a production for a new batch of them and I tried to email him but never heard back so I think I missed that window. I'm really bummed about it.

I love the start pause and reset. plus I never have the problem of noncentering with them. They also don't cramp my hands like the 7800 controller which is a nightmare on your wrist. For some reason the 5200 controller doesn't do that to me. So consider me the rare person who really likes the 5200 controller, now that it is a functioning one.

I've always loved the controller. There was so much potential with the keypad; it's just a shame the Jag never caught on. There are so many PC games that would have worked well on the Jag moreso than any other console due to the keypad. And the controller fits so well in my hands and is both sturdy and lightweight. The D-pad is a little clumsy, but it works well enough.

• Like 2

Wasn't it the Intellivision that had the first controller integrated with the numeric keypad? Granted, it wasn't exactly a joystick....

Pretty sure the 5200 was the first one with analog controllers by default. The Atari PowerPad/JagPad certainly had a lot of potential. Sadly it was rarely used on the STe/Falcon, and then the Jaguar has tiny library itself.

Anyone else try OIDs on the STe with the controller? It freaking rocks!

Wasn't it the Intellivision that had the first controller integrated with the numeric keypad? Granted, it wasn't exactly a joystick....

Pretty sure the 5200 was the first one with analog controllers by default. The Atari PowerPad/JagPad certainly had a lot of potential. Sadly it was rarely used on the STe/Falcon, and then the Jaguar has tiny library itself.

Anyone else try OIDs on the STe with the controller? It freaking rocks!

Yeah, Intellivision had the keypad and overlays but 5200 is the one I experienced first.

First numbered keypad I experiencex was the Star Raiders one, though that was a seperate thong, rather than part of the joystick of course.

It is amazing how some of the early games got around having only one button though. Spy Hunter used the second controller's button for the smoke screen/oil slick, Gauntlet would use keys on the keyboard, and Spy vs Spy had to double push the button without moving to get to the trap menu.

I know at least two people now who hadn't figured that last one out!

It was a huge jump to two or more buttons for gaming.