IGNORED

The Raspberry Pi and Retropie discussion thread

toptenmaterial

Selph's scraper is in the experimental folder in the retropie setup. It's way faster than the normal one. There's also another scraper I came across on Reddit.

*Edit*

Skyscraper;

https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comments/7zvzhp/skyscraper_version_235_released_update_asap/

Edited by SiberianSpForces

Yeah I'm considering splurging on a screen and a battery pack when I get my bonus check. :)

Take a look at reddit link. The screen is $20 shipped if you don't opt for either camera. Just have to take the case off and pull the HDMI dongle out. I'm also considering getting a portable charger. I'm eyeing an Anker 20000mah one on let go.

Does anyone have PSP up and running?

I do.. not sure if there's a newer version from what I'm running (I did this Dec 2016) but in my experience it can only play the smaller titles ok (e.g. Space Invaders Pocket below). On more complicated games there's slowdown.

KJPUlPE.jpg

Edited by NE146

I do.. not sure if there's a newer version from what I'm running (I did this Dec 2016) but in my experience it can only play the smaller titles ok (e.g. Space Invaders Pocket below). On more complicated games there's slowdown.

KJPUlPE.jpg

Unless I'm overlooking it (I may be) I didn't see a PSP emulator included in the directory.

Totally off topic but I can across an old thread someone started, it was a petition to make you change your avatar. I laughed my ass off.

Unless I'm overlooking it (I may be) I didn't see a PSP emulator included in the directory.

There isn't. If I recall you have to add the emulator in there before the menu option is displayed.. but again it's been so long, I'm sure someone in here has better instructions.

Totally off topic but I can across an old thread someone started, it was a petition to make you change your avatar. I laughed my ass off.

lol yeah I'm aware of that thread but the funny thing is, when it was happening I totally avoided reading it as I found it embarrassing. :lol: And I don't think I gave it much reading since then.. maybe I should check it out. :P

There isn't. If I recall you have to add the emulator in there before the menu option is displayed.. but again it's been so long, I'm sure someone in here has better instructions.

lol yeah I'm aware of that thread but the funny thing is, when it was happening I totally avoided reading it as I found it embarrassing. :lol: And I don't think I gave it much reading since then.. maybe I should check it out. :P

I watch YouTube vids and follow them to the letter. ETM Prime has some clear ones.

I really want to play Dracula X Chronicles! I bought it on the PSTV, only to then discover that PSTV didn't support it. Lame! So hopefully the Pi does the trick. I'm not sure how demanding that game is

RANDOM GAMES I LOADED:

Angry Birds (PSN) - The only slowdown I experienced was at the scenario selection screens (ie - 1. Poached Eggs, 2 Mighty Hoax, etc). Once in the scenario though the scene selection screen was fine. The game itself plays great with my PS3 controller. It uses the left joystick to set the strength of pullback then X to launch. No slowdown at all through the first 5 scenes.

Dungeon Maker: Hunting Grounds - I played 3 days worth of dungeons and building. I did not experience any slowdowns at all even with 8 bats and a kobold on screen.

Hot Wheel Racing - OK so I didn't expect this to run so.... it met my expectations. I think I got maybe 2-5 FPS if I was lucky once entering a race.

J'eanne d'Arc - The video scenes are great. I had hopes this would work. Unfortunately once you get into the game proper the character renders are so horrible it makes the game unplayable.

PopoloCrois - The menus and cutscenes are great. The game stutters a lot in the castle then becomes unplayable the minute you leave it. Massive black squares and graphic glitches. The game almost completely freezes.

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - This one seems to work very well. There's only some extremely minor audio breakup during scene transition but VERY playable. That's good because I love this game and will love having a copy on the Pi!

Sorry for the triple post but I can't edit the last one. Here's a few more games I tried for lr-ppsspp:

Bomberman - Played perfectly on my system. No slowdown anywhere.

CastleVania Dracula X Chronicles - I played through the entire first stage with no issues. Cutscenes were smooth as well. @toptenmaterial - should be good to go on this one!!

Field Commander - After selecting Tutorial I got a black screen with a female voice instructing me on something I couldn't see. When the menu came up it crashed to the RetroPie game select screen.

Luxor: The Wrath of Set - No issues at all. Played perfectly.

Sorry for the triple post but I can't edit the last one. Here's a few more games I tried for lr-ppsspp:

Bomberman - Played perfectly on my system. No slowdown anywhere.

CastleVania Dracula X Chronicles - I played through the entire first stage with no issues. Cutscenes were smooth as well. @toptenmaterial - should be good to go on this one!!

Field Commander - After selecting Tutorial I got a black screen with a female voice instructing me on something I couldn't see. When the menu came up it crashed to the RetroPie game select screen.

Luxor: The Wrath of Set - No issues at all. Played perfectly.

Hey, I have sort of a related question for you! I got my grubby mitts on a .rar of Dracula X Chronicles and I'm wondering what to do with it. I ended up using a program to turn the whole .rar into an ISO, then tried running it on my computer with PPSPP and couldn't get it to recognise it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

I got lr-ppsspp up and running with some tech support from ClassicGMR. I've only run one game (Dracula X Chronicles) and it runs very well. There are some slight audio hickups but I wonder if that is something that can be adjusted with settings. No freezing at all at any point, and no input lag either. I'm surprised at how good it looks blown up.

I'm wondering what the correct way to map my controller is in the Retroarch menu. I have it set to something I can live with right now. I use a PS4 controller.

By the way, when I remapped my controller, Richter did some crazy move and flame shot out of his whip. I've never seen that before.

Edited by toptenmaterial
  • Like 1

So I loaded Chinatown Wars on ls-ppsspp today. It's unplayable. The cutscenes were perfectly smooth as was the first action sequence of the game, but as soon as you get in a car it slows down to probably about one fifth of the normal tempo. It's a $35 dollar board so it's gonna be hit or miss.

• Like 1

So I spent the last 2 days redoing everything. I gave up on the "maybe sorta" cards and bought a SanDisk 32GB from work right off the peghook so I know it's authentic.

Backed up the image at every step using Win32 Disk Imager in case I lost anything.

I can honestly say the whole Pi experience feels better now. Some of it is tangible - boots better, videos load faster, much more stable - and some of it is psychological I'm sure. All in all though I think this will finally let me ENJOY the Pi rather than just constantly fighting with it.

Only thing left to deal with that I can see is the low power indicator comes up on occasion. I have a Logitech K400 dongle and a USB 256GB drive plugged in plus I'm using a PS3 bluetooth controller. I ordered a 5v/3A power supply as recommended on different sites. That should help eliminate the lightning bolt. :)

• Like 1

ClassicGMR have you used any other emulators for PSP on the Pi? And yes the extra juice ought to help you out. :)

I must ask you, how are you burning your PS1 ISOs? The process seems a little different than PSP and I haven't quite gotten the hang of it.

Edited by toptenmaterial