IGNORED

SDrive-MAX ATX support

Farb

In this pic it shows that it uses the ili9340 chip set which isn't on the supported list.

post-26874-0-87622200-1531794393_thumb.jpg

The ili9341 is what most are using. Looking at the board info, there are a bit of differences between the two...

Not sure if it will work with the ili9341 flash files or not.

• Like 1

I was about to post the same thing, that screen is definitely not the same as the suggested one. Screen size is smaller, has on-screen hard buttons that the Eleegoo doesn't, and a physical button at the top. I know someone was having issues with the larger 2.6" screen in the german forum posts about it, so I'd personally not take a chance.

Excellent, glad to hear you got it working. Still interesting to know if it's a just enough out of spec edge case considering it works on machines other than the XEL.

I'm gearing up to make some SDrive-MAXs for friends. Experimenting with some print settings and some filament that is annoying me for some reason, will probably make the 'somewhat less than perfect' cases available for free to fellow AAers when I'm done :)

jncCKa.jpg

I also would love to purchase two of these! Lemme know the details if your open to selling 2 of these.. color doesn't matter as I'm gonna paint them like a XL and XE..

Not yet ready to buy a printer, but I want one really. bad.

Edited by GrandviewCoin
  • Like 1

I'm glad to see people having success with these (between here and the other thread)! And I love the XL-style case. I am going to need to figure out how to get one of those printed here in Germany :-)

Back in April I used ALL3DP for printing the case.

Cost me approx 46 USD incl shipping to Germany

But the case looks good...

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I'm glad to see people having success with these (between here and the other thread)! And I love the XL-style case. I am going to need to figure out how to get one of those printed here in Germany :-)

Farb,

PM me your address and I would be happy to send one to you as a thank you for all of the work you have done maintaining the legacy of this great platform.

Also, let me know what color you would like. I can do white, black, red, blue, brown or orange. I might even experiment with stopping the print part way so I can do a white top with a black lower half.

Todd

• Like 2

Excellent, glad to hear you got it working. Still interesting to know if it's a just enough out of spec edge case considering it works on machines other than the XEL.

I'm gearing up to make some SDrive-MAXs for friends. Experimenting with some print settings and some filament that is annoying me for some reason, will probably make the 'somewhat less than perfect' cases available for free to fellow AAers when I'm done :)

jncCKa.jpg

I'd buy 2 :)

• Like 1

I bought this screen:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/2-8-inch-TFT-color-LCD-touch-screen-module-for-Arduino-UNO-MEGA2560-R3-Development-board/32831754174.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.41214c4dwyQEgg

I had a good look at the suggested Elegoo (?) one on way-too-expensive-Amazon and did a search on "2.8" arduino touch screen" on Aliexpress.

This one was the cheapest to come up AND it looked exactly the same in parts lay-out, holes configuration (note the 19 holes on the top of the screen) AND it listed ILI9341.

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1

I bought this screen:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/2-8-inch-TFT-color-LCD-touch-screen-module-for-Arduino-UNO-MEGA2560-R3-Development-board/32831754174.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.41214c4dwyQEgg

I had a good look at the suggested Elegoo (?) one on way-too-expensive-Amazon and did a search on "2.8" arduino touch screen" on Aliexpress.

This one was the cheapest to come up AND it looked exactly the same in parts lay-out, holes configuration (note the 19 holes on the top of the screen) AND it listed ILI9341.

The same seller also has a UNO R3 clone for only US$3.60, with free shipping.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Electric-Unit-Module-Modules-Board-Boards-UNO-R3-ATmega328P-CH340-Micro-Mini-USB-Board-for/2340056_32707350695.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.2.4c6837fd2k2Q8k

PS: I notice it uses a CH340G instead of ATmega16U2 for USB, I don't know whether this would have any affect.

Edited by BillC

Yes, but I am terrible and I found an even cheaper one here:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-Smart-Electronics-high-quality-UNO-R3-MEGA328P-CH340G-Compatible-NO-USB-CABLE/32823745546.html?spm=a2g0z.10010108.1000016.1.29b6399cYaXerr&isOrigTitle=true

I chose the one without cable or case...

Also, this one has the "printer port" type USB, the one you listed has micro-USB, not a problem but the cases I've seen so far use the one with the "printer port" type. It's also a bit more rugged for multiple connections IMHO, the size of the connector isn't that important in this case (pun intended....)

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2-8-inch-TFT-color-LCD-touch-screen-module-for-Arduino-UNO-MEGA2560-R3-Development-board/2340056_32831754174.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.84.515d6066L0wpsk&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3_10152_10151_10065_10344_10130_10068_10324_10547_10342_10325_10546_10343_10340_10548_10341_10545_10696_10084_10083_10618_10307_10059_100031_10103_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620,searchweb201603_35,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=453824e5-658a-4b6d-83f2-fcd080f47e84-13&algo_pvid=453824e5-658a-4b6d-83f2-fcd080f47e84&priceBeautifyAB=0

ILI9341 screen methinks...

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/NEW-UNO-R3-ATmega328P-CH340-Mini-USB-Board-for-Compatible-for-Arduino-Hot-sale/2180007_32664931533.html?spm=2114.search0104.8.47.d5ee52b5QT2Qmu&priceBeautifyAB=0

I had a hard time getting out of the nl version of the site ... this is the English site and cheaper prices full size SD, microUSB

if you want to send a couple my way that'd be fine.. lol maybe ali does better job... ;)

(I was shipped wrong screen by other seller on eBay, describes one number, ships and silkscreen is another.... sigh... try again...)

using coupon -4.00 on each if possible and you have em both for next to nothing

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

I have one of the unsupported screens that was laying around my "box of crap". I can't tell what chipset it is, but it has hard buttons on it.

The 9329 flash works, but colors are wrong and display is a mirror image.

The 9341 flash is correct orientation, but still wrong colors and touch doesn't work.

This screen is in between the two... It should not be hard to fix this.

Has anyone compiled this from source on Windows? I tried WinAVR, but it is older and won't compile this...

Edited by R.Cade
  • Like 2

The CH34x shouldn't matter for our purposes as long as you can load the driver for it. It's cheaper and more inconvenient but it loads the bits.

I have two UNO clones with that chip. When I plugged the first one into my Win10 laptop for the first time, Windows downloaded and installed the driver and auto-magically installed the device on a virtual COM: port. I just had to note which port (COM3:, in my case) Windows assigned so that when I ran the SDrive programming macro, I could tell it which COM: port to use.

I understand Mac users may have some issue finding a properly signed driver to install without jumping through some hoops to satisfy OS X, but it’s absolutely not an issue with Windows.

• Like 1

OK, I got it to work with the (probably) ILI9340 screen in case someone else has one of these. It was an easy fix to the source...

You should create a pull request at the Github repository. I’m sure Farb or someone would appreciate the contribution to the codebase as he works toward a 0.8 release.

• Like 3

I have two UNO clones with that chip. When I plugged the first one into my Win10 laptop for the first time, Windows downloaded and installed the driver and auto-magically installed the device on a virtual COM: port. I just had to note which port (COM3:, in my case) Windows assigned so that when I ran the SDrive programming macro, I could tell it which COM: port to use.

Same, the boards I have are all CH34x. I'm using Windows 10 x64 and it would not recognize or download the driver so I had to do it the hard way.

I've heard that CH34x driver wise can be problematic depending on the Windows version, but it wasn't an issue worth noting for me.

In this pic it shows that it uses the ili9340 chip set which isn't on the supported list.

attachicon.gifili9340.jpg

The ili9341 is what most are using. Looking at the board info, there are a bit of differences between the two...

Not sure if it will work with the ili9341 flash files or not.

I just did a pull request with support for this display... It was an easy fix.

• Like 1