IGNORED

SDrive-MAX ATX support

Farb

1 minute ago, tajvdz said:

Why are are the letters arduino here?Ok. That is not that hard. By the way ignore the uno2sio board. It is just an example. I will use another arduino with v3 or v4 uno2sio board.

I don't see them on my version. Where is it for?

I just marked which side the Arduino board is on, don't worry about that. You have chosen the right holes.

17 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

The LED's were for the modified Drive cases Gavin made from my original drive case designs, he added drive activity and power leds to the front of the cases 

image.thumb.jpeg.37a43e067577ab8a7eb1da20dadb85e1.jpeg

Just catching up...

With this case, then it does make sense that you might like some indicator LEDs!

Nice design. Maybe I need an activity LED on my real Atari 810?

On futher thought I probably don't need it. I can tell if it's active. Clunk clunk clunk 🙂.

• Haha 1

On the XL case that I re-designed it also looks nice. The sio cable is on the other side. This is now the backside. I think that is much more logical. I can show a picture without the leds but it does have the holes al ready.

received_274641052350957.jpeg

Alt design from Mytek 2021.

I am considering building these less expensive sdrives based on MyTek's design from 2021

Just trying to gauge interest.  I will continue to build the Sdrive Max as well.

image.png.eeba1144f709392fac657acf01dc0d04.png

image.png.ab5ddc0487ff588046717a096ce9408c.png

image.png.c2306cdfb2beeacaf258849609694cbe.png

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 12:52 PM, tajvdz said:

A 12V GREEN LED is not likely to be very bright with a 5V supply. The specs do not indicate what value the internal current limiting resistor is but it's probably around 1-1.2K Ohms.

The resistor needs to be 470R or less as you are dealing with less than half the voltage.

2 hours ago, tajvdz said:

The 5V LED specified is rated at 13mA, and generally an Arduino can supply 20mA continously or 40mA intermittently, so it should work as expected.

7 hours ago, TZJB said:

The 5V LED specified is rated at 13mA, and generally an Arduino can supply 20mA continously or 40mA intermittently, so it should work as expected.

Ok, I think I will try these leds. It is also possible to buy leds with wires al ready on but these are without resistor. 

Does someone know which color was used for printing the XL case? I received the edited model I showed above but the color is slightly different than the one I had. The color the new model was printed in is cream/pearl white. 

I have a few questions about the cfg on the sdrive max. I enclosed a picture of the website. The option scroll isn't explained. But I have no clue what it does. Also Blank and SaveIm. And what is the difference between 810 and 1050 emulation? Do some atx files work on 810 if they don't load on 1050?

Also every time I enter cfg I have to reboot the sdrive because I can't select anything anymore. 

I also have no clue what they mean with the text Under controlling sdrive max from Atari.

Another thing. I like the option display long file names (control + L). But everytime I reboot the sdrive I have to enable it again. Is it possible to save this so the option is always on? Is this saveim maybe? 

Screenshot_20240408_184522_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, tajvdz said:

[...] what is the difference between 810 and 1050 emulation? Do some atx files work on 810 if they don't load on 1050?

this setting is used to emulate the timing difference between the 810 and 1050 when reading ATX files:

https://github.com/kbr-net/sdrive-max/blob/master/atx.c

// number of milliseconds drive takes to process a request
#define MS_DRIVE_REQUEST_DELAY_810  3.22
#define MS_DRIVE_REQUEST_DELAY_1050 3.22

// number of milliseconds to calculate CRC
#define MS_CRC_CALCULATION_810   2
#define MS_CRC_CALCULATION_1050  2

// number of milliseconds drive takes to step 1 track
#define MS_TRACK_STEP_810        5.3
#define MS_TRACK_STEP_1050       12.41  

// number of milliseconds drive head takes to settle after track stepping
#define MS_HEAD_SETTLE_810       0
#define MS_HEAD_SETTLE_1050      40  

// delay for the time the drive takes to process the request
    if (is_1050()) {
        _delay_ms(MS_DRIVE_REQUEST_DELAY_1050);
    } else {
        _delay_ms(MS_DRIVE_REQUEST_DELAY_810);
    }

// wait for each track (this is done in a loop since _delay_ms needs a compile-time constant)
        for (i = 0; i < diff; i++) {
            if (is_1050()) {
                _delay_ms(MS_TRACK_STEP_1050);
            } else {
                _delay_ms(MS_TRACK_STEP_810);
            }
        }
        // delay for head settling
        if (is_1050()) {
            _delay_ms(MS_HEAD_SETTLE_1050);
        } else {
            _delay_ms(MS_HEAD_SETTLE_810);
        }

// delay for CRC calculation
        if (is_1050()) {
            _delay_ms(MS_CRC_CALCULATION_1050);
        } else {
            _delay_ms(MS_CRC_CALCULATION_810);
        }

in the case of ordinary ATR files, irrelevant

As for the rest of the settings, everything is clearly described in the manual, of which you have posted a screen shot.

Edited by madness77
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, tajvdz said:

Blank and SaveIm I don't get.

saveIM saves the image in D:1,2,3 etc. so it's there when you power up the drive. Blank turns the screensaver on/off

Edited by Ricky Spanish
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tajvdz said:

Another thing. I like the option display long file names (control + L). But everytime I reboot the sdrive I have to enable it again. Is it possible to save this so the option is always on? Is this saveim maybe? 

Doesn't Control+W save that option? I've not tried it but that's the config save option from the app.

9 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

saveIM saves the image in D:1,2,3 etc. so it's there when you power up the drive. Blank turns the screensaver on/off

I thought so too that blank should turn the screensaver on or off but it shows up in both. Is it possible that on one of the two it takes longer?

I still don't know what scroll does.

I tried the Blank option again. When it is selected the screensaver wil start after about 40 seconds.  When it is off there is no screensaver. Maybe I did something wrong last time but now it is working like it should be. 

With Control W I was able to save the long file name option. 

But write cfg has a few more options. Does anyone know what they do?

I enclosed a picture of the options.

L saves the long file name. And I think U will save the cycle speed because you can change that with Control U.

20240409_182214.jpg

Edited by tajvdz
Corrected mistakes.

4 hours ago, tajvdz said:

I tried the Blank option again. When it is selected the screensaver wil start after about 40 seconds.  When it is off there is no screensaver. Maybe I did something wrong last time but now it is working like it should be. 

With Control W I was able to save the long file name option. 

But write cfg has a few more options. Does anyone know what they do?

I enclosed a picture of the options.

L saves the long file name. And I think U will save the cycle speed because you can change that with Control U.

20240409_182214.jpg

I think you might want to check this out

SDrive_en.pdf

• Like 1
  • Confused 1