IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

18 hours ago, negative1 said:

the next upcoming racer from arcade1up.

seen in manual - fast and furious

Huh. Fast and Furious wasn't even a thing until well after most arcades had shuttered. Let's get some more 80s cabs. Somebody remind A1up that Gen X'ers have more money than Millennials! 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zoyous said:

Huh. Fast and Furious wasn't even a thing until well after most arcades had shuttered. Let's get some more 80s cabs. Somebody remind A1up that Gen X'ers have more money than Millennials! 😄

theres a new movie coming out, so they can promote it also. its easy money.

also, they hopefully will advance the chipset for the 3d graphics.

later

|| || | | | | | |

ne gativ e  1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 4:04 PM, Zoyous said:

You mean the Fast & Furious arcade cabs are now retro??

I'm too damn old for this decade... 😓🧓

7 hours ago, MrMaddog said:

You mean the Fast & Furious arcade cabs are now retro??

I'm too damn old for this decade... 😓🧓

no, they are concentrating on adding slightly newer games,

as they move through the 90s and 00s.

they can't do games that are too modern, because that would

require too much processing power.

later

||| ||| || | |

neg at ive1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 3:55 PM, Zoyous said:

I guess the Ms. Pac-Man (not Class of '81) is going to be exclusive to another retailer?

no, for now it is delayed (maybe cancelled). 

most likely will come out a later time. they haven't really said what their plans are.

later

|| || ||| | |

nega tive 1

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, negative1 said:

not yet, might wait for a price drop, but will get it at some point.

The new Pac-Man Legacy is tempting me. I have the original A1UP Pac-Man and it still works. Would love to "upgrade" that and get Ms. Pac-Man as well. For $500 though I was hoping for better controls and it doesn't sound like they improved that. The Best Buy nearest me is showing they have both and they have an in store demo Pac-Man up and running.  If so maybe I'll go see for myself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is the F&F game all new, running natively on the hardware?  That's a lot of tracks for one game, and the wifi linking makes me wonder if it's something that's not at all emulated, but just something raw thrills maybe through together from their wide variety of track-parts like the switch cruis'n. I don't think I have a single credit on an F&F cab, so I can't say how many tracks they're supposed to have, but it's WAY more than I'd expect.

Honestly, if this F&F is 'its own thing' that makes it considerably more attractive to me. 

My problems with the Ridge Racer cab (which I mostly like) are due to the parts of it that are emulated and having better to compare it to, as a standalone 'its own thing' it does pretty well. 

Except the leaderboards aren't much good, since you have to be in the top 100 to get on them, which seems a bit cruel to most dad-cades. 🤣

a9JN40d.gif

• Like 1

Was the raw thrills buck game(s?) emulated, or some kind of native/android thing?

So it looks like 18 tracks, some unlock as you progress. Looks like that's up from 10 in the original 2004 arcade.

Menus are very different (oval track icons), but some of the art might line up.

Cars are still licensed, parts still upgrade as you progress. There is a username in the lower right on the select screen,

footage doesn't show how to swap between users, obviously not with a number pad.

There is a distinct lack of lighting effects on the cars, or driver model in the convertible. 

The enthusiastic start and finish line girls seem to still be intact. I miss that stuff in modern games.

It's right up my alley, but there's no space...but space may 'appear' if there's a sale like with ridge racer.

there's also a side-by-side with the arcade in the below (or here)

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...