IGNORED

Buzzing sound and distorted picture.

Gamer888

Hi fellow genesis owners

I have a genesis 2 which has a modified board. I plugged a scart RGB cable (from the megadrive 2). At best the picture looks great but I keep hearing a slight buzzing sound in the background(which is very clear once the sound is pause, the buzzing sound is present).

However, sometimes the cable might distored the picture with a darker tone and with a louder buzzing sound. Whenever I touch the cable where it is plugged on, things go back to normal.

All seems to show the cable has a defect but is it possible for a genesis to show such malfunction regardless of the cable??Sadly I have only this cable. No rca cable or else

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like your cable has poor/ no shielding or not properly grounded which is why it improves when u touch it (grounding the cable through you). The buzzing is because interference from the Composite line is picked up by the audio lines as a buzz. The dim picture is because your cable may not have the necessary caps and resistors inside. Properly shielded audio lines solves this. Invest in a professional cable like retrogamingcables or HD retrovision.

I had poor cable...true that....some weeks ago I bought a motherboard-looking device to plug behind my coregrafx and I can play games with RGB like quality. I thought the cable I have been using was coregrafx only but it turned out to be a genesis compatible. I randomly plugged this cable and the picture is near perfect and the sound has lower parasite sounds. So not only I managed to land a quite good rgb cable but it is also compatible with my coregrafx and it is always sweet to save some room behind the TV!

I know retrogamingcables or HD retrovision are great but my cable is good enough for me!

• Like 1