IGNORED

Homebrew Competition

vidak

Okay.

I got $250AUD for my birthday. This is the first discretionary spending money I've had since June last year. I was going to build something cool like a raspberry pi cell phone or build a homebrew 6502 computer. But it has all been done before.

I always say I wanna give back to AtariAge because it has helped me combat my depression and psychosis, and has helped me develop as a person.

I wanna use this prize money to stage a competition - is this allowed? Is this a good idea to promote activity on AtariAge?

I am an ASM 2600 programmer, so my natural idea was to promote 2600 homebrew development - but I know there is a lot of 7800, Intellivision, and other consoles being developed for. I feel like it might be more fair to allow the competition to be a multi-platform contest.

What do you think? If it was just 2600, I would put equal parts of the 250 towards dual first prizes for ASM and batariBASIC first prizes.

What would be a good set of rules for a possible contest?

Edited by vidak

• 3 months later...

1. Must run on real hardware.

2. Must be original work (i.e. no direct clones of big brands)

3. Although game must be original pre-existing code libraries can be used.

4. Developer retains all rights but agrees ROM will be freely available via AtariAge.

This whole thing was DOA man. Your ideas are good but I don't see this "competition" going anywhere. I only say that as it's received no traction at all since i'ts posting in February :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...