IGNORED

The tutorial for the 5200 Trakball retrofit to a rotary controller is now h

ave1

The retrofit of the Atari 5200 Trakball to become a rotary controller has reached completion. I've provided a tutorial on doing this fully reversible mod (and non-damaging mod) in a two part presentation. Tempest here we come! I also show some gameplay in the second video of Super Breakout, Pole Position, Galaxian, and Space Invaders being played with it.

Check it out here:

Part 1:

Part 2:

• Like 2

Very innovative. It's probably the best way to get a good quality continuously rotating "spinner". I've used the PlayStation JogCon controller with the continuous spinner with the Bohoki and Innovations adapters, but it twitches like crazy. I have the PC Ultraracer and playstation green two-button pot paddles, as well, but they only have the 3/4 turn rotation. I just got a 5200 a couple weeks ago and haven't gotten the trackball yet, but this looks very interesting.

• Like 1

good work that was some next level apollo 11 macgyver like stuff i love how you use the scrunchie belt to transfer the rotation angle it reminds me of a vacuum i used to have

before the video started i thought you were going to use the "shape of constant width" spinner to rotate a spiral cam but that would have been insanely complex

• Like 1