IGNORED

Is there a DECENT copy of Tetris anywhere?

Omega-TI

There have been various versions of Tetris out there, but honestly I cannot remember one for the TI that I wanted to keep. SOMEONE out the SOMEWHERE has to know of one. (I'm hoping).

There was a version floating around out there that looks really cool, but it's sluggish as heck when trying to control the bricks, so much so that I've given up on it. There were also one or two others that played better but looked like terrible IIRC.

Does anyone know of a Tetris version that looks and plays well? AFAIK there are no FR99/FG99 compatible ones, but there at least has to be a disk version of one somewhere.

I' --- NEED --- to play some TI TETRIS today! Please help!

• Like 1

If you play will play again try to load it directly in EA5 and not in XB autoload, just a try.

and good luck with the highscore ;) i am sure you will do better than me on it :P

Well, I got the black screen AGAIN, tried to to do the ALT F4 and ended up closing the program, but..... :evil:

This would be BLOODY AWESOME if someone turned it into a FR/FG99 BIN.

post-35324-0-05151300-1519403198_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Lol... ALT+4 not F4 :P it is the Break of the TI99. it will not close the program.

and wow, congrats for the highscore !! :D :D

i wonder to know if someone know if Richard and Shawn Baron have finished the game in a final complete version...maybe someone of the S.W. 99ers group

just hope, this is a so great version of tetris i think.

Lol... ALT+4 not F4 :P it is the Break of the TI99. it will not close the program.

and wow, congrats for the highscore !! :D :D

i wonder to know if someone know if Richard and Shawn Baron have finished the game in a final complete version...maybe someone of the S.W. 99ers group

just hope, this is a so great version of tetris i think.

Thanks, I got lucky on the long white bars. Yes, this IS a great version and fun to play too. I had always hoped Rasmus would make a port, but this will do!

On this version I noticed songs 2 & 3 are unavailable, but if someone did turn this into a cartridge, they could just select song 1 and then take the image from the next screen and no one would be the wiser.

I'm going to step out for a couple of hours, but when I get back I'll port it to R.I. and see if it plays with the joystick.

Well, I attempted to compile it (Tigercub version) and got some errors, went in and edited the XB continually, flowing down the line of errors and recompiling again until next error. Then I got to this

D,P=24

The compiler didn't like this, I don't know what it means, I've never seen or done anything like that. I just assumed it was the same as

D=24

P=24

With that change (as well as several other changes prior) the compiler continued.

Then the assembler errored out - something about not being able to open Object file.
I didn't quit or anything, I hit enter and was brought back to the same assembler screen.
Continued and this time the assembler completed without error.

But when I ran the program, after selecting 1 for the level, tetris play screen turned black and some character corruption and nothing more.

TL;DR: I'm not the guy for the job but I gave it a shot.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I remember the Alexander release... Had a soundtrack of Scarborough Faire if I recall correctly....

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had that one back in the late 80's/90's. The graphics and display are good, the music gets annoying after awhile, and the use of sprites for the objects, which move WAY too fast even on the lowest level, coupled with sluggish controls made it not a fun version to play.

TRIS by Asgard is okay, I managed to acquire a cartridge on eBay a few years ago.

Yeah, I had that one back in the late 80's/90's. The graphics and display are good, the music gets annoying after awhile, and the use of sprites for the objects, which move WAY too fast even on the lowest level, coupled with sluggish controls made it not a fun version to play.

TRIS by Asgard is okay, I managed to acquire a cartridge on eBay a few years ago.

Hah, got one too. There was a Tris and a Tris 2. What were the differences?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Well, I attempted to compile it (Tigercub version) and got some errors, went in and edited the XB continually, flowing down the line of errors and recompiling again until next error. Then I got to this

D,P=24

The compiler didn't like this, I don't know what it means, I've never seen or done anything like that. I just assumed it was the same as

D=24

P=24

Then the assembler errored out - something about not being able to open Object file.

I didn't quit or anything, I hit enter and was brought back to the same assembler screen.

Continued and this time the assembler completed without error.

But when I ran the program, after selecting 1 for the level, tetris play screen turned black and some character corruption and nothing more.

D,P=24 is not allowed by the compiler (It's in the manual!) As you surmised it is the same as D=24 and P=24

I do not know why that sometimes happens with the assembler; I think it is some pecularity of Classic99. I used to check all the disk settings to be sure they were right, but now I do what you did. Just press Enter 4-5 times and it works the second time. I dunno why.

If you load the program and then LIST "CLIP" and send me the listing or post it here I'd take a look to see what's happening.

I got TRIS 2, and the graphics are a bit better. TRIS just used solid colored blocks, TRIS2 has them slightly stylized.

TRIS 2 currently has the advantage of working on the FinalGROM which is good, but it's going to take me a few games to get used it it.

... " and send me the listing or post it here I'd take a look to see what's happening.

That would be great if you could get it converted and eliminate the black screen stuff. Apparently one needs the loader, I tried running it as an E/A5, when you do that it just comes up black. I don't pretend to understand what the programmer did, but it's not normal. It can probably be worked around though with current tools, hardware and a top notch programmer like yourself.

It's just a wild guess on my part, but I'm thinking the programmer wanted to ensure his title screen could not be bypassed or eliminated with the format available at the time.

Currently I prefer the first version Ciro and I played this morning that you will be looking at.