IGNORED

Is there a DECENT copy of Tetris anywhere?

Omega-TI

Well, I attempted to compile it (Tigercub version) and got some errors, went in and edited the XB continually, flowing down the line of errors and recompiling again until next error. Then I got to this

D,P=24

The compiler didn't like this, I don't know what it means, I've never seen or done anything like that. I just assumed it was the same as

D=24

P=24

With that change (as well as several other changes prior) the compiler continued.

Then the assembler errored out - something about not being able to open Object file.

I didn't quit or anything, I hit enter and was brought back to the same assembler screen.

Continued and this time the assembler completed without error.

But when I ran the program, after selecting 1 for the level, tetris play screen turned black and some character corruption and nothing more.

I made only three changes and it compiles and runs fine.

1-in line 150 change D,P=24 to D=24 :: P=24

2-in line 430 remove USING "#########": this is not supported by the compiler

3-in line 460 remove USING "#########":

Now it will compile and run, although way to fast to be playable.

Somewhere I have a copy of this that I modified to show the next tile. If I can find it I will post. I thought this was a good example of a program that ran well in XB.

Edited by senior_falcon
  • Like 3

I played a bit of Tris 2, it's actually very playable and decent.

I kept messing up and pressing the fire button to try and rotate. But I like using up and down to rotate left or right too. A good compromise with the TI joystick.

Why not a next piece though? That is part of the game, being able to see what's the next piece so you can tactically plan.

• Like 1

I do not know why that sometimes happens with the assembler; I think it is some pecularity of Classic99. I used to check all the disk settings to be sure they were right, but now I do what you did. Just press Enter 4-5 times and it works the second time. I dunno why.

What does the debug log say when it fails? If it has anything to do with the emulator, it will be in the log.

• Like 1

Oh, for the record, it plays real nice on Real Iron with the joystick and it does not go to black like it does on Classic99.

I tested this. The going black is the standard TI screen blanking after no key pressed.

Any key pressed resets the counter - including the joystick fire button. But if you used 'up' to rotate on Classic99 and 'fire' to rotate on hardware, you'd see exactly what you describe.

• Like 2

so funny how you think moving a joystick would count..

Greg

I tested this. The going black is the standard TI screen blanking after no key pressed.

Any key pressed resets the counter - including the joystick fire button. But if you used 'up' to rotate on Classic99 and 'fire' to rotate on hardware, you'd see exactly what you describe.

so funny how you think moving a joystick would count..

I wish it would - I've been bitten by this a number of times. But only KSCAN resets the counter, and the joystick is only read by JOYST (and since there's no assembly callable JOYST function, it's actually usually managed inline by the code reading the CRU bits itself...).

ok there ya go

AWESOME GREG! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I want you to know, I've gotten nothing accomplished in the hour after I downloaded this! --- THANKS!

It's also been added to the FR/FG99 thread.

-- EDIT --

I'm so addicted to this game and although it does not require a manual to play, I like to have manuals for all my favorite programs. Does anyone know of or have a PDF manual for this program?

Edited by --- Ω ---
  • Like 1

I'm so addicted to this game and although it does not require a manual to play, I like to have manuals for all my favorite programs. Does anyone know of or have a PDF manual for this program?

I own the actual cart and I am pretty certain I have the manual. Will check tonight.

• Like 1

So, you gonna fly out for Fest West now and buy Greg a beer on the 28th of April, or you gonna just send him single can in the mail? :evil:

Can't send beer through the mail - I've tried! lol When you guys finally hit the bar that Saturday night, hit me up with a quick pic or selfie of y'all and a PayPal address... will make good on my word. :)

post-13896-0-44389100-1519663862.gif

• Like 1

So a little help here. That Tetris2-8.bin loads fine in classic99 but it does not show up on my finalGrom99. I have confirmed it is indeed in the games directory of my fg99 sd card but it does not show up in the list of games for some reason. Anyone else?

EDIT - And for whatever reason, neither does GALAXIA32KB4.bin

EDIT2: I added several things to my FG99 today including some utils, homebrew and a demo. The 2 mentioned bins above and this file Demonstration (1979)(Texas Instruments)[PHM 3001].G do not appear in the menus at all. I'm guessing this .G file is not converted for FG99 since it doesn't end in bin.

What of the other two?

Here the GALAXIAN bin I tried...

GALAXIA32KB8.zip

Edited by Sinphaltimus

So a little help here. That Tetris2-8.bin loads fine in classic99 but it does not show up on my finalGrom99. I have confirmed it is indeed in the games directory of my fg99 sd card but it does not show up in the list of games for some reason. Anyone else?

EDIT - And for whatever reason, neither does GALAXIA32KB4.bin

EDIT2: I added several things to my FG99 today including some utils, homebrew and a demo. The 2 mentioned bins above and this file Demonstration (1979)(Texas Instruments)[PHM 3001].G do not appear in the menus at all. I'm guessing this .G file is not converted for FG99 since it doesn't end in bin.

What of the other two?

Here the GALAXIAN bin I tried...

attachicon.gifGALAXIA32KB8.zip

demonstration is in the pack on ftp.whtech.. it is in the tools folder

I tested tetris 2 on my finalgrom and it works great ymmv perhaps if you are having issues you should try another card? or you are looking for the wrong name? its label is "TETRIS 2"