IGNORED

Is there a DECENT copy of Tetris anywhere?

Omega-TI

Tetris 2 and galaxia don't don't show up at all. Every other bin file I put on there works and I added a few these past couple of days. So I doubt it's the card.

I have 2 x fg99 but they both have the same make and model card. I'll try the other later. I hope it's not my fg.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Here the GALAXIAN bin I tried...

attachicon.gifGALAXIA32KB8.zip

I downloaded the version of Galaxian you uploaded to test and it works fine, although IMHO you are not missing much with that game.

I tested tetris 2 on my finalgrom and it works great ymmv perhaps if you are having issues you should try another card? or you are looking for the wrong name? its label is "TETRIS 2"

I'm with Greg, If you do not want to try another card immediately, do a full reformat of the SD card and move about 1/2 dozen of your favorites over, including the ones in question and see what happens.

Just because something shows up in the PC's directory does not mean they will in the FInalGROM's directory. The FinalGROM ignores some types of files, and I *BELIEVE* it's menu is generated differently than the PC, so if there was a problem with a program, it obviously would not show up.

I truly doubt your FinalGROM is the issue, It's just a guess, but I'm thinking you might have a 'bad spot' on your SD card in the area you keep trying to save files. As a possible stop-gap to get around that, it's possible that you could put a 100K text file of something on there to see if it bridges the bad spot and then retry the games. In the past I had an 4GB SD card that simply would not write past a certain point. Like anything else, SD cards can wear out.

Good Luck!

post-35324-0-36953100-1519747929.jpg

OK this is really bizzare but I'll end it here and try to figure it out on my own. Perhaps I should just reorganize my FG directories.

I have done this several times on both of my FG99s each with their own SD cards (FlashAir but that shouldn't matter).

I have a lot of GAME bin files in my GAMES directory. I send the Tetris-2 bin to the games directory on both final Groms and it does not appear in the menu under games at all. I reset the FG99s I reset the consoles, NO GO.

Looking at your screenshot I decided to drop the bin files in the root of each FG99 (not in the GAMES folder) and they both appear on both FG99s that way.

It's been a while since I read the documentation on the FG99 directories but I thought the file amount limit was so large I would never have to worry. Perhaps it's smaller than I recall on a per folder limit?

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

OK this is really bizzare but I'll end it here and try to figure it out on my own. Perhaps I should just reorganize my FG directories.

I have done this several times on both of my FG99s each with their own SD cards (FlashAir but that shouldn't matter).

I have a lot of GAME bin files in my GAMES directory. I send the Tetris-2 bin to the games directory on both final Groms and it does not appear in the menu under games at all. I reset the FG99s I reset the consoles, NO GO.

Looking at your screenshot I decided to drop the bin files in the root of each FG99 (not in the GAMES folder) and they both appear on both FG99s that way.

It's been a while since I read the documentation on the FG99 directories but I thought the file amount limit was so large I would never have to worry. Perhaps it's smaller than I recall on a per folder limit?

Image files can be dragged and dropped without modification onto an SD card. To organize your card, you may create folders and subfolders with names of up to 8 characters and without extension. Each folder, including the root folder, may contain up to 171 images or folders. (Strictly speaking, it is 171 entries and folders, as one image can have more than one entry.)

• Like 1

Image files can be dragged and dropped without modification onto an SD card. To organize your card, you may create folders and subfolders with names of up to 8 characters and without extension. Each folder, including the root folder, may contain up to 171 images or folders. (Strictly speaking, it is 171 entries and folders, as one image can have more than one entry.)

THAT'S IT! I'm at my limit in the games folder. Nothing I add to it will appear. I just did the math, I have 9 pages full in the GAMES directory, 19 entries on each page. I was going to look it up later, but thank you for answering Greg, this is exactly my issue. Time to divy up my GAMES folder with some sub folders.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 2

THAT'S IT! I'm at my limit in the games folder. Nothing I add to it will appear. I just did the math, I have 9 pages full in the GAMES directory, 19 entries on each page. I was going to look it up later, but thank you for answering Greg, this is exactly my issue. Time to divy up my GAMES folder with some sub folders.

Damn! :-o I know about the file limit, but I never considered for even one second that anyone would ever put that much stuff in a single directory! I guess because I keep mine at what I consider a 'more manageable number' (so I can find Ma-Chit). I think my largest directory I have is the one labeled "RASMUS", because the man keeps coming out with high-quality stuff that I gotta stuff in the cart.

• Like 2

I've been meaning to separate out some things and i have, like I have EA and XB in their own folder since I use them a lot more than any other stuff. I also separated out some tools and utils I will probably never use or rarely use. I never really gave the games directory any attention, just kept dumping things in there. So I think I'll just make a folder for each letter of the alphabet and separate all the games that way so I can still find whatever I feel like playing pretty quickly. I just completely forgot about the limitation myself because like you, when i heard it, I thought I'd never hit it.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

I've been meaning to separate out some things and i have, like I have EA and XB in their own folder since I use them a lot more than any other stuff. I also separated out some tools and utils I will probably never use or rarely use. I never really gave the games directory any attention, just kept dumping things in there. So I think I'll just make a folder for each letter of the alphabet and separate all the games that way so I can still find whatever I feel like playing pretty quickly. I just completely forgot about the limitation myself because like you, when i heard it, I thought I'd never hit it.

You've inspired me to do a little re-organizing on the games and to perform some cleanup myself. I decided to move Extended Basic and EAII80Edit-8 into the root directory. I then deleted games I never played, but while doing that, I ended up with two subdirectories named after TI'ers here. Besides the 'RASMUS' directory, I had to create a SOMETIME directory as well because it seems he's rather prolific writing good stuff as well. The third game directory is called CLASSICS for the older good games and the fourth is called PORTS. I think I may need a fifth, but I'm holding off for now. I'm also still on the fence as to whether they'll remain in the root directory or all be under a single subdirectory called GAMES... decisions, decisions.

I would have done more, but Tetris 2 was calling...

• Like 1

Damn! icon_surprised.gif I know about the file limit, but I never considered for even one second that anyone would ever put that much stuff in a single directory! I guess because I keep mine at what I consider a 'more manageable number' (so I can find Ma-Chit). I think my largest directory I have is the one labeled "RASMUS", because the man keeps coming out with high-quality stuff that I gotta stuff in the cart.

you should see my ea5 directory on TIPI DM2K stops at S and wont read anymore :)

• 5 years later...
On 11/6/2023 at 12:29 AM, Cheung said:

If anyone is still looking, I wrote a 1 or 2 player version of Tetris last year that can be downloaded from GitHub here:

https://github.com/CheungChang7/TI99_HOMEBREW/tree/main/TETRIS

Let me know if you think it will suffice.

I like this version with 2 players.

The 1st Tetris I used is of Alexander Hulpe. I have it somewhere (size is too big for Retrobat. Rpk format)

There is also a TI-Tris.

(And Geneve 9640 has a Tetris as well).

• Like 2