IGNORED

Free to good home: GPD XD (needs new battery)

Flojomojo

Update: TAKEN

I'll keep this up in case the battery information helps someone else, though.

This is a neat little handheld, it looks like a Nintendo 3DS, but only has one big touchscreen on top. It's great for emulators, and runs Android. This is the blue 32GB model from launch in fall 2015.

Why free? I left it plugged in so the battery got swollen. I'm going to dispose of the ruined battery at Home Depot now so it doesn't burn my house down. You'll need to provide and connect a new battery, microUSB cord, and power supply. Any phone charger will work. The battery specs, as posted on Dingoonity via GPD are:

The information is below:

Battery type: lithium polymer battery
Voltage: 3.8 V. Capacity is 6000mAh
The size:9.8*6.2*0.5 (cm)
Best regards
GPD team

I think everything else is working OK. The outer shell is a little puffed out, but no worse than the middle-aged spread most of us here enjoy. Even in the worst case, you'll get some parts for buttons and a 5" touchscreen if you're inclined to hack it up.

All I ask in return is that if you see me logged into my Google account on this device, you zero out my account information when you get it. I don't have a way to power it, and it hasn't been online in more than 30 days so I can't send the kill command from the Google console. This is why I'm posting here instead of listing it on eBay, so please don't let me down.

Free shipping in US via first class mail. Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back! :lol:

The first interested person to PM me with their reason for wanting this, along with a United States shipping address, gets it!

post-2410-0-56970600-1519584523_thumb.jpgpost-2410-0-86669200-1519584533_thumb.jpg

I'll follow up in this thread when it's no longer available.

• Like 2

That's cool you are offering this "puppy" to a good home for free. I have enough broken computers and electronics I never have time to fix. This should be an easy fix if there was no damage to the electronics. Just need to make a homemade battery pack. Good luck to whoever gets the prize.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

Yeah, I think it's still OK inside. Here is what the battery looks like now. It should be flat like a packet of sugar, not bloated like a sack of flour. The battery is leaving the building now.

I've pulled the wires and connector off and will include them in case they're needed, but most batteries I've bought like this include their own connectors.

post-2410-0-94152200-1519586211_thumb.jpgpost-2410-0-39644100-1519586219_thumb.jpg

• Like 1