IGNORED

How Many Atari 2600 Consoles Do You Currently Own?

Shawn

How Many Atari 2600 Compatible Consoles Do You Own?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Atari 2600 Compatible Consoles Do You Own?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's gotta be well over 21 for me. I have to stop buying the whole sale broken/as-is lots.icon_biggrin.gif

Just an estimate

4 7800

8-12 Jrs

6-8 4 switch

4-6 sixers - two heavy - I think all sears

2 sears arcade II

I think I enjoy repairing them more than I do playing them.

I don't know exactly how many I have but it is well over 50. Probably a dozen or so are boxed

WELL OVER FIFTY? A DOZEN OR SO ARE BOXED?! Holy SMOKE! :-o I'm fascinated. Where do you store it all? They're all working machines?

You guys are gonna laugh, but I've currently got just one. A light six, but it's in beautiful near-mint condition. The orange trim is all-original and there's not a scratch on it. I absolutely love it.

I would like to have a really cherry CIB or NIB someday though.

And, I guess it would be a good idea to get a beater for day-to-day gameplay so that my near-mint light six stays near-mint, right? :idea:

And perhaps someday I'll branch off into other systems. Maybe get an Odyssey2, as that's what my brother and I got Christmas of 1980 instead of the VCS we wanted. :roll:

• Like 1

1 - Atari Heavy Sixer

2 - Sears Heavy Sixer

1 - Atari Light Sixer

3 - Sears Light Sixer

1 - Atari 4 Switch Woody

2 - Atari 4 Switch Vader

1 - Sears 4 Switch

1 - 2600 Jr. Short Rainbow

2 - 2600 Jr. Long Rainbow

1 - 2600 Jr. Black PAL

1 - 5200 w/2600 Adapter

One of the Vader's and 2600 Jr's are CIB.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen if we're counting compatible hardware. I'm keeping at least one of every model, and I've also decided to build more of a "road collection" of systems to take to shows and such. That means I'm in the market for more 4-switchers as the opportunities present themselves.

I am like atari181, I don't even know how many there are in the garage and closet.

Here is a pic of my evenly stacked systems, the promo one is sealed. I various Jr. styles too.

CPUWIZ, I don't even know what to say. That. Is. AWESOME. The promo one is sealed?? From the pic, the box looks NEW! :lust:

5-ish.

1. My original factory-reconditioned-heavy-sixer-in-a-light-sixer-Sears-shell
  2. My original 7800 (expansion port model)
  3. A Vader I picked up from a friend a few years ago
  4. A four-switch Sears I picked up with my Imagic Kiosk
  5. A nekkid four-switch (no case) someone sent me to test video mods on - I just use it for parts mostly
  6. A Jr. that was sent to me for testing video mods, that I've since sent off to cd-w to run sinister bus-stuffing experiments on

I've got somewhere around 12-15 various Sears 2600s. They were going to be scrapped by a closing game store some time ago.

You don't happen to have any with the chrome-capped switches do you? I've been looking for a set to replace mine (it's hard to tell in the photo, but the one on the right is completely trashed).

shinyx6.jpg

• Like 2