IGNORED

How Many Atari 2600 Consoles Do You Currently Own?

Shawn

How Many Atari 2600 Compatible Consoles Do You Own?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Atari 2600 Compatible Consoles Do You Own?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

None. Unless you count virtual installations, of which there are currently 2 at home, and one in the vacation cabin on a computer that's getting old, but rugged. I destroyed all my consoles in some fashion or other when I was a kid. I did have the presence of mind (barely) to remove the chipset. I still have them, the date codes are from 76 or 77. So should I ever decide to get a console I could do a transplant. Then the essence of the old would live on. Weird, I'm sure. But hey it is what it is and I ain't comlpain'n!

None. Unless you count virtual installations, of which there are currently 2 at home, and one in the vacation cabin on a computer that's getting old, but rugged. I destroyed all my consoles in some fashion or other when I was a kid. I did have the presence of mind (barely) to remove the chipset. I still have them, the date codes are from 76 or 77. So should I ever decide to get a console I could do a transplant. Then the essence of the old would live on. Weird, I'm sure. But hey it is what it is and I ain't comlpain'n!

No, "virtual installations" have nothing to do with this poll or topic. It's for actual system owners who appreciate and currently own them. There is no option for "none" as you can clearly see. It's also not a poll in need of emulation mention either if that wasn't obvious. If you want to post and discuss emulation there is an emulation forum now where I'm sure 99 percent of your posts will be best suited.

Well he offered me a whole $30 for a composite modded 2600 Junior so if he keeps sending out offers like that it's gonna be a LONG time before he gets one.

well everyone has their price point ... there's a non modded sears 6 switcher in the marketplace for 25 + shipping, depending on the range it has to go one could score it for a range around 30 bucks ... I personally gave up on JR's they are just nasty machines to the touch and to work on + no one wants them. I often would get one, put work into it and beg for a month for someone to take it for my break even point

foam switches, shit plastic, cramped design, all chips soldered down on worse than paper quality boards, I mean you can break a pads free from the PCB by plugging in the controller that was not clipped down brand new from the factory ...do not even bother with them IMO

Edited by Osgeld

well everyone has their price point ... there's a non modded sears 6 switcher in the marketplace for 25 + shipping, depending on the range it has to go one could score it for a range around 30 bucks ... I personally gave up on JR's they are just nasty machines to the touch and to work on + no one wants them. I often would get one, put work into it and beg for a month for someone to take it for my break even point

foam switches, shit plastic, cramped design, all chips soldered down on worse than paper quality boards, I mean you can break a pads free from the PCB by plugging in the controller that was not clipped down brand new from the factory ...do not even bother with them IMO

Yep, $30 can score you a working console on AtariAge for sure but not a modded one. Good luck getting a confirmed working console on ebay for $30 though, let alone a modded one with clean work.

I always start lower when people ask me to make them an offer but yes, it was a bit low even for that. I did ask how much you were looking for but never got a reply.

Osgeld, the Jr is the system I had as a kid so it holds a special place for me. I know it's basically cheap tat but I still love it. The 7800 is tempting me as well though so that could win out.

I decided to vote 4. To not acknowledge the work put into Emulator Stella would be remiss on my part. Don't know about others. Don't care. And by summer I'll likely have acquired a 6-switcher to which my original chipset will be installed. Actually it's not important that whatever I get works or doesn't, I can repair it. Just important it be cosmetically perfect, not so good at touching up stuff like marred and scratch faux woodgrain.

I decided to vote 4. To not acknowledge the work put into Emulator Stella would be remiss on my part. Don't know about others. Don't care. And by summer I'll likely have acquired a 6-switcher to which my original chipset will be installed. Actually it's not important that whatever I get works or doesn't, I can repair it. Just important it be cosmetically perfect, not so good at touching up stuff like marred and scratch faux woodgrain.

The poll is about Atari 2600 consoles not emulators. You are taking away from the spirit of the poll and this isn't the first time you have done so. Please stop. I do care even if you don't. Respect the theme or please don't post in the poll at all. If you have nothing valid to add to the thread or the poll just wait until there is one that you have something on topic worth adding. Anything else like the above will be treated as spam and thread crapping. This is an official warning.

12 Total

1 - Atari Heavy Sixer

1 - Sears Tele-Games Heavy Sixer

1 - Atari Light Sixer (Sunnyvale)

3 - Atari 4 Switch Woody (1 pristine, 2 modded)

1 - Atari 4 Switch Vader

3 - Atari 7800 (1 with Expansion Port)

1 - 5200 with VCS Cartridge Adapter

1 - Intellivision II with Intellivision System Changer

• Like 2

I have three in total at the moment :lust: I have a four switch that I use almost all the time, a junior I got for $5 at a local resale shop, and a heavy sixer that I haven't gotten around to fixing up yet (It's on my to-do list, I swear). It's not the most impressive collection, but I'll get there some day!

• Like 2