IGNORED

MCP-Devcart Details

leep

Im researching getting a MCP-Devcart from CPUWIZ. Can anyone explain the details of how this devcart works? If I understand correctly, its a cartridge that plugs into the 7800 and a cable that connects from the right joystick port to the pc. Am I correct so far? :) Does it connect to serial, parallel, or USB? Once I compile on the pc, how do I get the binary to the 7800? Are there command line utilities? Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by leep

Im reasearching getting a MCP-Devcart from CPUWIZ. Can anyone explain the details of how this devcart works? If I understand correctly, its a cartridge that plugs into the 7800 and a cable that connects from the right joystick port to the pc. Am I correct so far? :) Does it connect to serial, parallel, or USB? Once I compile on the pc, how do I get the binary to the 7800? Are there command line utilities? Thanks in advance for the help!

Maybe ask CPUWIZ how a CPUWIZ made devcart works? Just sayin' :ponder: :P

Im researching getting a MCP-Devcart from CPUWIZ. Can anyone explain the details of how this devcart works? If I understand correctly, its a cartridge that plugs into the 7800 and a cable that connects from the right joystick port to the pc. Am I correct so far? :) Does it connect to serial, parallel, or USB? Once I compile on the pc, how do I get the binary to the 7800? Are there command line utilities? Thanks in advance for the help!

Cartridge plugs into the 7800.

A cable connects from the right/second joystick port of the console to a USB port of the PC.

Comes with a very easy to use GUI that you click to load a ROM into and then another click to program the cart.

It take a few to several seconds for the program to upload to the cartridge.

Besides the obvious hardware connection(s) that have to be made, first time around, drivers may need to be loaded/updated under Windows, and a COM port utilization may need to be chosen/modified (COM port utilization is made-modified through the same aforementioned GUI). I believe I use COM 4.

This is pretty much the extent of the work required to get the MCP Dev Kit up and running.

P.S. Works with controller extension cabled too. I have daisy-chained three 6ft cables and programmed the cart. Two 9 ft should work just as well. :-D

• Like 1

P.S. Works with controller extension cabled too. I have daisy-chained three 6ft cables and programmed the cart. Two 9 ft should work just as well. :-D

I was pondering on a wireless solution (think WiFi antenna). Bunch of work though, both hardware and software, hard to justify for less than 10 people who actually use it.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was pondering on a wireless solution (think WiFi antenna). Bunch of work though, both hardware and software, hard to justify for less than 10 people who actually use it.

More news coming on this sometime this year (I don't like dates, since I work with my own money and time), some people know how long I have been working on the new kit. ;)

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2019 at 1:54 PM, CPUWIZ said:

More news coming on this sometime this year (I don't like dates, since I work with my own money and time), some people know how long I have been working on the new kit. ;)

Thanks CPUWiz for your support of the 7800 BTW Looking forward to purchasing one of them.