IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Challenge 03/2018 Space Invaders Game 7

zylon

Our 2nd challenge for the OE faithful is the classic Space Invaders. Play on game 7 (slow smart, or homing bombs). Use original systems and Atari-mfg controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records. Round ends when month does. :)

As always, game suggestions always welcome. :)

Final scores:

12,706 Hank Rearden +5

11,869 sdamon +4

7,457 zylon +3

6,859 SINGLE TOOTH +2

Standings:

sdamon - 7
Hank Rearden - 5
zylon - 3

Space Invaders.BIN

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Whats the OE mean? Original Equipment? I've been playing this game wrong my whole life. Still weak, but further than I've ever gotten. I sucked at this as a little kid.

Yes. This is an offshoot of the 5200 HSC that I created about 5yrs ago. It's the only one of its kind here on AA where original equipment is required. We only run regular catalog games, so it also fills the niche of having something to play when the regular season game just doesn't grab you. Only real systems, Atari-mfg controls and official releases from the original production era allowed. Trackball is allowed whenever it can be used. CX52s allowed on all games. Modern flashcarts or SD loaders allowed as the only modern convenience, since that opens the full library for play.

Here's a score to start things off again for me. A little easier with the trak ball.

And my game suggestion is Robotron!

Good choice and also special due to our controllers. Games that are "better" and showcase the 5200s capabilities and uniqueness move to the front. :)

Why does the OP say slow smart or homing bombs? Is there a way to change it? I guess I will consult manual. ☺️

In the manual, the type of bombs are referred to in both terms: smart bombs, homing bombs. They mean the same thing. As long as you're on Game 7, you're fine. :)

Meanwhile, 7,457

I play once a day when I do and get what I get. :) No matter what I set the TV at, the bombs from the dark invaders in the later levels of the 1st wave just can't be seen on my screen. So, it's a crapshoot how many lives I've got left by wave 2. This time, I had 1, lol.

post-25215-0-92117400-1522110637_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

March ends with Hank Rearden taking the win and sdamon close behind. We've also come away with a newfound game variation to add to our HSCs. Thanks to all who played and keep the originals going. :)

Final scores:

12,706 Hank Rearden +5

11,869 sdamon +4

7,457 zylon +3

6,859 SINGLE TOOTH +2

Standings:

sdamon - 11
Hank Rearden - 10
zylon - 6
SINGLE TOOTH - 2
Edited by zylon