IGNORED

UltraHDMI bricked (house lost power during FW update) Help needed!

I can certainly say that you'll need to solder the JTAG header to the ultra hdmi board, otherwise the pins won't be making contact correctly. You'll just need to make sure you have the header the correct way around, so maybe see if you can find pictures on which way around it should go. 

You also won't need to have the ribbon cable connected to the ultra hdmi board when flashing to it so disconnect that. 

Hi everyone,

The job is done and my ultrahdmi is working again ! ?

Here is my return of experience :

You need :

1. USB Blaster (I bought mine at 20€ from eBay) --> Windows won't find the driver, so you need to install it yourself by telling your OS to search the driver files in your "Altera" (= Quartus 2 software) folder
  2. Quartus 2 software (free from Intel website --> Intel® Quartus® II Web Edition Design Software Version 13.1 for Windows )
  3. The "jtag file (xxx.jic)" to be flashed
  4. Some jtag header pins (<1€ from RS-online --> the english name is : "10PCS 2.54mm 10Pin 2x5 Pin Double Row Straight Male Shrouded header IDC Socket")

In my previous post I was wondering if I needed to solder the "jtag header pins" on the ultrahdmi board --> the answer is YES

This side is the correct one (make match the N°1 & N°2 jtag pin with the N°1 & N°2 writing on the ultrahdmi board).

Altera_USB-Blaster_JTAG_pinout.jpg

Then you also need to power On your N64 and finally your Quartus software will find your FPGA and you will be able to flash it with your xxx.jic file.

Once flashed I put the new firmware (current is 1.10) on an Everdrive and I update it with the standard method (10 to 15 min).

Some pics :
IMG-20220515-011425.jpg

IMG-20220515-011406.jpg

I hope this will help.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
20 minutes ago, retrojake said:

Hi, I have recently updated my ultraHDMI from version 1.08 -> 1.10 and now I can't get any video output so I think I need to flash it. I have purchased a USB Blaster and header pins, would someone be kind enough to send me the jtag file please?

Many thanks

Hi retrojake

I just sent you the .jic file from PM.

Good luck! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I was wondering if someone could also help me with obtaining the .jic file for my UltraHDMI board. I bought mine on game-tech.us many years ago. (Like 2018). Then I just left it in the originally packaging in my closet for several years.

However, I just recently (This past January) had it installed by a vetted installer mentioned on gametechs.us website. When I received my modded UltraHDMI N64 back, it worked perfectly initially.... That's until I decided to update the firmware file from 1.07 to 1.10. (Used my Everdrive X7)

After the update, the picture would randomly go in and out and then completely lose signal. Every time I try to use my UltraHDMI, I get the quick flashing red lights. Tried multiple Mini HDMI adapters, cables and on different TVs. The Multi AV out on my N64 does work just fine, so their is nothing wrong my N64 Console itself. I think when I updated the UltraHDMI my TV screen went to sleep and this might of been the culprit 

Anyway, I purchased a USB Blaster off Amazon, as a well as a 10 pin header mentioned by @Darkhost. I plan to try and re-flash the .jic file myself. I have reached out to my installer who but it's been several days without any reply.

Would anyone be able to share the .jic file with me? I really would like to be able to use my UltraHDMI again. Thanks to everyone on this forum, as this is the only site I could find any information regarding this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,

I too am in the unfortunate boat of bricking my HW1 board. After upgrading from 1.08 to 1.10 and powering down as instructed by the updater, I no longer receive any signal from HDMI output. When using s-video and attempting the update again, I get the same frozen screen that @Darkhost had pictured. I went ahead and ordered a USB Blaster and JTAG header. Would some kind soul be willing to share the required jlc file for the flashing process?

On 9/1/2023 at 3:05 AM, Vorenus said:

Hello,

I too am in the unfortunate boat of bricking my HW1 board. After upgrading from 1.08 to 1.10 and powering down as instructed by the updater, I no longer receive any signal from HDMI output. When using s-video and attempting the update again, I get the same frozen screen that @Darkhost had pictured. I went ahead and ordered a USB Blaster and JTAG header. Would some kind soul be willing to share the required jlc file for the flashing process?

Hi Vorenus,

Check your PM ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Also on 1.08 and need the .jic file to recover a bad update to 1.10.  I am glad I found this forum was wondering what I could do to fix it.  Never had a problem until updating to this particular version.  Thanks in advance for the assist in this forum post.

On 12/5/2023 at 1:04 PM, Wasaab said:

Also on 1.08 and need the .jic file to recover a bad update to 1.10.  I am glad I found this forum was wondering what I could do to fix it.  Never had a problem until updating to this particular version.  Thanks in advance for the assist in this forum post.

Hi Wasaab,

Check your PM ;)

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Spade013 said:

I'm in the same boat as many others with the HW1 version of the UltraHDMI. I have all the parts needed for the repair except for the file. Does anyone have the .jic file they can send me?

Hi Spade013,

Check your PM :jango:

BR