68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own an APF m1000?

• Yes
    • no
    • what's an apf m1000?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

My APF-MP1000 has a bad RF connection in which the video and audio is scrambled. My TV has trouble being in sync with the console and drops the connection after a while. The console works and I can barely see the rocket patrol game but it flickers a lot and appears distorted. Is there some RF coil thing I can adjust to fix the picture? Also my TV lets me change the frequency manually which I can try but that hasn't helped.

Also my AC adapter is a 9v instead of a 7.5v. Is that ok with the console or will that 9v damage the system over time? 

20231128_122526.jpg

20231128_122527.jpg

20231128_122529.jpg

On 11/29/2023 at 12:33 PM, Sonaru said:

My APF-MP1000 has a bad RF connection in which the video and audio is scrambled. My TV has trouble being in sync with the console and drops the connection after a while. The console works and I can barely see the rocket patrol game but it flickers a lot and appears distorted. Is there some RF coil thing I can adjust to fix the picture? Also my TV lets me change the frequency manually which I can try but that hasn't helped.

Also my AC adapter is a 9v instead of a 7.5v. Is that ok with the console or will that 9v damage the system over time? 

20231128_122526.jpg

20231128_122527.jpg

20231128_122529.jpg

I wouldn't use a 9v... there's a good chance it'll damage your system. Voltage is the thing you need to be careful with as opposed to milliamps, which you can have an AC adapter with more than necessary because the console will only draw what it needs.  The APF M1000 uses the T-7800 power supply, which requires 7.5V and 800mA (see the screenshot I've attached).  My recommendation would be to get a Triad WDU75-800 AC Adapter, which will meet the requirements of the OEM adapter while providing the benefit of being new and from a really good manufacturer. You're only looking at about $14 +S&H from DigiKey: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/triad-magnetics/WDU75-800/6819581?

Worst case scenario you might need to change the barrel jack if it doesn't fit... but that's an easy swap if you have a soldering iron.

Good Luck! :)

2023-12-04_11-00-17.png

• Like 1

I was able to fix the video image by pushing the RF copper coil together which had split apart slightly.  I then tuned the two pots which helped provide a stable picture with no flickering. Audio still doesn't work and only has static noise. I think it's related to the copper coil issue but a composite mod should bypass it. Does anyone know if I can just use a generic composite mod from another system like this Colecovision composite mod?

https://console5.com/store/colecovision-composite-av-video-mod-kit-ntsc-consoles-coleco-vision.html/

Or are these composite mods specific for each system?