IGNORED

HSC Season 15 Round 4: JumpMan Jr

Jumpman Jr

He's back! The classic platformer Jumpman Jr returns to the HSC. Play on Speed 3, if you complete the game's 12 levels go up speed 2, then speed 1. Press select to begin a game, use Option to set # of players, then press 1-8 to set speed. If you really struggle with the game you can play on any speed :)

For a bonus checkout some of the new levels on the Jumpman Level Design project - if you have time why not get involved there too ;)

jumpman_junior.png

Download XEX, Atarimania Info including a PDF of the instructions :thumbsup:

Round Ends Sunday 18th March 10pm UK time (we will get back to the regular schedule) :grin:

• Like 2

the higher the number selected for speed, the slower you move, so 6 is damn slow and 8 is excruciatingly slow.

I was going to ask the same question about speed, as it seems (to my mind) that you got the speeds in reverse. Have you ever played with speed 8? Snails move faster. Whenever I play Jumpman or Jumpman Jr., I play on speed 3 (semi-fast). Playing on a different speed is going to throw-off my already not-so-good game.

Maybe Kevin Savetz can play with us this round, as he is a big fan of the original Jumpman. TRBB, maybe you can send him a personal message and request that he makes his way over here.

Adam

• Like 1

I was going to ask the same question about speed, as it seems (to my mind) that you got the speeds in reverse. Have you ever played with speed 8? Snails move faster. Whenever I play Jumpman or Jumpman Jr., I play on speed 3 (semi-fast). Playing on a different speed is going to throw-off my already not-so-good game.

Maybe Kevin Savetz can play with us this round, as he is a big fan of the original Jumpman. TRBB, maybe you can send him a personal message and request that he makes his way over here.

Adam

Yeah...3 is the standard speed I play at too. :)

• Like 1

Never really understood why people like this game

It's no Miner 20'49er. It's a bit frustrating having to repeatedly die to learn what to avoid (I got straight to screen 5 but lost all my lives in a few seconds) but with only 12 screens I'll bite the bullet and keep going. It's much better on speed 3 I think last time we were on 4 :ponder:

• Like 1

It's no Miner 20'49er. It's a bit frustrating having to repeatedly die to learn what to avoid (I got straight to screen 5 but lost all my lives in a few seconds) but with only 12 screens I'll bite the bullet and keep going. It's much better on speed 3 I think last time we were on 4 :ponder:

What keeps the replay value up on this game is that there's no predictability. You might blow through level 1 with no problem, but then you might lose lives the next time you play it because the bullets are totally random. I restarted about 50 times before I finally got through all 12 levels. Gonna start playing on speed 3, now. I'll also check out some of those homebrew levels.

• Like 1

What keeps the replay value up on this game is that there's no predictability. You might blow through level 1 with no problem, but then you might lose lives the next time you play it because the bullets are totally random. I restarted about 50 times before I finally got through all 12 levels. Gonna start playing on speed 3, now. I'll also check out some of those homebrew levels.

I was just grumbling I need to have a couple of goes :) Please leave them some feedback on the screens they have done (EVERYONE) :thumbsup:

Ok, very early score to get going (in the middle of the night)

4350 pts (speed 3, reached level 3)

I had a memory that the guy could jump and fall any lengths in Jumpman Jr, but I must misremember or think of some other game. Back in the 80's, platform games were often categorized by how far one could jump in them. Miner 2049er allows close to zero falls or far jumps, while e.g. Impossible Mission lets you leap across the entire screen if there is nothing in the way and something to land on.

• Like 1

Jumpman Junior

Game Complete on 3

I wish there was a level skip or a code to get there like Lemmings.

Or get an extra life on each level complete or say every 2,500 .

And more levels :-)...but that might be sorted.

post-48102-0-96338600-1520531107.jpg

and

Level 2 on on Speed 2 so far. Speed 1 in mental ;-)

Edited by RedThunder
  • Like 1

How about this, if you want to play the first Jumpman and skip to any level. As Jumpman Jr only got 12 levels :-(

Jumpman has 30 :-)

Who can complete each level with the most bonus left.

Hacked version from PlayerMissle

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/252645-jumpman-practice-any-level/?p=3511124

Copy here as well:

Jumpman-2016-v1_0.atr

Level 13 Hailstones = Bonus 600

Level 14 Dragon Slayer = 0

Level 15 Grand Puzzle 2 = 100

and so on...

Edited by RedThunder
  • Like 1