IGNORED

TI and the MiniPro TL866 EPROM Programmer

atrax27407

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I added a boot loader switch to my TL866CS (original) and put an ISP header in while inside.  Then I changed it to an TL866A (boot loader and firmware) and made sure the write protect was on so the software couldn’t bork it.  Just tap switch while plugging in USB.  

Here’s a close up of the points you can use for the switch.  

06767369-E554-4057-832D-296FB78B7048.jpeg

87F85C0B-F469-431E-8A25-F34131044482.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The programmer software has been updated to Vn 12.59A on 07/31/2023. However, there is a note that the "ID check" function causes the program to crash. I am not sure if "12.59A" is a fix for the original Vn 12.59 upgrade. Numerous chips added. The designated version is "Vn 12.59" but the download is labelled as "Vn 12.59A".

T48 Support List.txt T56 Support List.txt TL866II Support List.txt

Edited by atrax27407
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having a little trouble here with my T48. I decided to finally upgrade the DSR ROMs of my 2 TIPIs. One went fine. The other one, an AM27C256, just won't cooperate. It keeps returning "Device ID: FF FF" and it won't get through more than 25% of the programming cycle. Reads look clean after erasing under UV for 30 minutes. I'm guessing the chip is toast, but I wondered if there's any other troubleshooting I can try.

1 hour ago, InfiniteTape said:

Having a little trouble here with my T48. I decided to finally upgrade the DSR ROMs of my 2 TIPIs. One went fine. The other one, an AM27C256, just won't cooperate. It keeps returning "Device ID: FF FF" and it won't get through more than 25% of the programming cycle. Reads look clean after erasing under UV for 30 minutes. I'm guessing the chip is toast, but I wondered if there's any other troubleshooting I can try.

You can try programming it while pushing down slightly and holding the chip firmly in the socket. On my Minipro I sometimes have to do that as the locking blades are getting a little worn in the zif socket. Maybe this will help?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 10:48 PM, RickyDean said:

You can try programming it while pushing down slightly and holding the chip firmly in the socket. On my Minipro I sometimes have to do that as the locking blades are getting a little worn in the zif socket. Maybe this will help?

The ZIF damage drives me crazy. You know they advertise that the T56 ZIF is "replaceable?" I think the big pins on the PLCC and other adapters just chew it up. Wonder what a better socket would use. 

My T56 started failing 4 pins on a SST39SF010A Flash PLCC32 last night. It Couldn't verify the last known good chip either. Tried two adapters!  so it's definitely the ZIF. . 

After many tries I got it to work. 

Notice that the adapter pins don't sit evenly in the ZIF.  One side or the other can fall in a deeper hole. I try to keep it centered. 

• Like 1