IGNORED

WIP: Blue KNIGHT\White Horse

sh3-rg

Dragon Fireballs?

I guess you could also do some medeval style stuff, like a Ballista bolt, or comedy trebuchet ammo things. For Ballista, possibly have a shadowed bolt going up in the distance behind the tree line (with appropriate twang), off the top of the screen... player then has to get to the right of where the bolt lands. Have that drop from top of screen quickly and slam into floor like a pole. if player is right of it, yay, left.. whack! as they run into it. Early levels have the projectile landing more to the left, harder levels it creeps further right, forcing player to more tricky duck, dodge dive :)

Trebuchet could lob random comedy items to jump as well as huge rocks. Perhaps the odd cow in monty python style.. Or perhaps have it mostly lob rocks to jump over, but occasionally a cow, which then floats into view on a tiny parachute, complete with cartoon wellies and daisy in mouth :) to drift off screen without causing an issue, or slowly lowers to the ground to then jump.

Well shoot guys - great suggestions!

...however for this game we're pretty much out of bus time :).

BUT there's so much creativity expressed in this thread - all these great ideas shouldn't go to a waste. So why not you guys pick up rb+ and start prototyping some gameplay code? I heard that lots of fun is to be had from this :)

Edited by ggn
  • Like 2

Well there is that, but honestly, it might -look- simple enough in the video, but just try playing it (erm, when it gets released hah) and the last thing you want is more stuff to worry about. Just staying alive when it gets to the most difficult phase is nails, put fireballs, aliens, jousting or doges in there as well and controllers will get thrown through monitors.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 2

Well there is that, but honestly, it might -look- simple enough in the video, but just try playing it (erm, when it gets released hah) and the last thing you want is more stuff to worry about. Just staying alive when it gets to the most difficult phase is nails, put fireballs, aliens, jousting or doges in there as well and controllers will get thrown through monitors.

That's the idea!!! I need to ensure my stock in LG flat panels keeps climbing!!! :D :D

BUT there's so much creativity expressed in this thread - all these great ideas shouldn't go to a waste. So why not you guys pick up rb+ and start prototyping some gameplay code? I heard that lots of fun is to be had from this :)

Got enough things bubbling away as it is at the moment :)

• Like 3

the last thing you want is more stuff to worry about. Just staying alive when it gets to the most difficult phase is nails, put fireballs, aliens, jousting or doges in there as well and controllers will get thrown through monitors.

Remember that it's an Atari Jaguar game. If it isn't frustrating to play, the job's not done.
  • Like 3

If you see Hotblack Desiato sat not eating because he's spending a year dead for tax reasons, and the arrival of the Great Prophet Zarquon, and you're still jumping logs and fending off knights, then I'll concede you completed the game and the congratulations will all be yours.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 2

If you see Hotblack Desiato sat not eating because he's spending a year dead for tax reasons, and the arrival of the Great Prophet Zarquon, and you're still jumping logs and fending off knights, then I'll concede you completed the game and the congratulations will all be yours.

I Googled Mr Desiato as the old grey matter was struggling, I found the actual HGTT reff but also this!! :o http://www.hotblackdesiato.co.uk/

• Like 1