IGNORED

TI-99/4A Stuff - The "what I'm looking to buy" topic.

Omega-TI

I could use the little plastic bit that hooks over the power switch inside of the ti99 case. I dissassembled my 99 back in the late 80s when the keyboard started to fail and lost it. Last month I 3d printed a new keyboard connector and rewired the keyboard which now works great but the power switch bit is complicated and I prefer not to model/print one. Does anyone have one available for sale?

Thanks,

Greg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I think adobe made a phone app that kind of worked.

I have a rev 0 model that I could sink a bunch of hours in to make perfect but I'm hoping someone has a spare to sell. Its printed in two parts and would have to be glued together with acetone. Less than ideal.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

It would be cool if threre was an affordable device that could scan a small part in 3 dimensions and output the required file for a 3D printer.

I think sales would jump if anyone could use one "out of the box".

there is one, it's a cell phone

https://3dscanexpert.com/3-free-3d-scanning-apps/

• Like 1

I think it's about time I got a speech synthesizer. Any tips on where to look?

I'm also interested in doing the component video mod, but this requires a TMS9928. I found some on arcadechips, but the minimum order would be 4 and I only want one. (and now their site appears to be down)

Eventually we all want a specific item for our TI setups. Problem is, sometimes no matter how much searching you do, the wanted item may never show up. This thread is to "put the word out" that you are looking for something specific. Who knows, the guy reading it may have one lying around that they no longer need or want.

H-m-m-m—it does not look like this piece of the forum is really about buying thread. What would TIers want with thread, anyway?

...lee

• Like 1

I think it's about time I got a speech synthesizer. Any tips on where to look?

I'm also interested in doing the component video mod, but this requires a TMS9928. I found some on arcadechips, but the minimum order would be 4 and I only want one. (and now their site appears to be down)

I carry the boards

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Agreed on the comparison to the Gram Kracker... I paid $150 for mine - and that was several years ago. If you do end up selling it - let me know when you post it on eBay. I could use one for my second machine. I'd probably go as high as $250 if I was bidding.

Hello, does anyone know how much a PGRAM+ card can go for ? I have one and need to sell it.

Wanted: original 32k sidecar for 99/4 museum display

Back in the day, I used all the sidecar peripherals, thanks to TI donating them to Boy Scouts. Alas, I gave those away in 1987.

If anyone is willing to share an original 32k sidecar where it will get lots of public exposure and love and run Logo one weekend a year.

I'd like to buy one, or even borrow one for Midwest Gaming Classic, Apr 13-16.

For the past decade, I've been showing TI-99/4, 4A and TI speaking toys at the Midwest Gaming Classic. It's all hands-on, no machines under glass (excepting the prototype Odyssey), with original owners demoing machines to 15,000 people (with a lot of kids.)

My 99/4 exhibit has grown piece by piece. This year it gains a sidecar disk controller and external floppy drive! It's almost ideal. Choice 99/4 console, original 99/4 Color Monitor, dorky Remote Wired Controllers, TI cassette deck, all black cartridges (some of them with anti-theft rings. Accumulating those to make a mock store display!)

All I need is a 32k sidecar. Then we can run Logo on the 99/4! New exhibit this year will be an original TI Logo Teachers Manual and a selection of 99er magazines with Logo articles.

I am reluctant to use a modern sidecar! FYI, the CF7+ was perfectly compatible with the 99/4.

(RS232 would be nice too but I don't do anything with it. I do have the acoustic coupler modem on display.)

Just need that 32k!

• Like 1

I want:

-Lotharek Rev F (black) (plus mounting kit, all necessary cables)

-My CF7 to be working ( ;) )

-More confidence in my 5.25 floppy drive

-A large box of dot matrix printer

-A 1Meg+ Horizon RAM Disk

-TIM/SOB (to facilitate my 80 col Funnelweb obsession)

-A complete set of PagePro99 add-ons (working on that now)

-A complete set of TI Artist add-ons (also working)

-An Epson compatible Line Matrix printer (for those times you just need to print 23 pages per minute

-An original copy of Killer Caterpillar

-A Myarc HFDC

Thats not too much to ask. ;)

• Like 1

I charge 14 postage and customs on 18$ can't be much

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I think Royal Mail (shit monopoly and not even state owned anymore) also add their own "handling charge" for vat processing so the cheap offers kind of become not worth it, better trade deals and conditions should be struck up between the US and UK in light of Brexit but I doubt anything will change.

@FarmerPotato, there are actually more than three different original TI Sidecars. I personally have five different sidecars from TI: 32K, RS-232, Disk Controller, P-Code, and Video Controller. The first four were all available to the consumer market, while the Video Controllers could only be sold for commercial use. Oddly enough, thee are more surviving Video Controllers out there than P-Code boxes. I've only ever seen two of the latter--one was a prototype (sold by mdude about 10 years ago), and mine is a production model.