IGNORED

Classic 99 Freakouts

unhuman

I don't know if this is Classic99 or my just doing crazy stuff (probably not), but it seems like Classic99 is crashing quite a bit, particularly when I paste.

I can't restart - when entering XB, it freaks out again, with similar screen + beeping and booping. I'm a Notepad developer, so cut & paste means I don't lose much. :)

I also intermittently get line too long. Sometimes I can past and it works other times, not. This seems to happen when lines are between 5 & 6 screen lines long.

I get unresponsive screens like this:

post-1530-0-84977100-1520779669_thumb.jpg

Edited by unhuman

Usually a continual freakout is caused by corruption in scratchpad RAM - the GPL startup is not 100% solid and can have trouble with certain values. A cold reset instead should clear that.

I've not run into any issues as you describe in any other way, but if you're using user interrupt vectors, that's where a lot of the console ROM issues occur. Paste XB assumes a normal scratchpad layout and hacks a couple of vectors to allow the longer lines... you can try normal paste if you don't have long lines. Paste XB isn't guaranteed to work if you're using user interrupts or any language except the built-in TI Extended BASIC.

You can also try pasting the memory dumps when it's in this state - we could use those to try and reproduce your issue. But otherwise not much we can do. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Tursi! I'm not doing anything special, other than having some long lines.... I had one go in that actually made it to the 7th line. Unbelievable!

Are you using RXB as unlike other XB versions made it will accept longer lines.

At video 7:10 is the Version and LONG LINE DEMO

Edited by RXB
  • Like 1

Thanks Tursi! I'm not doing anything special, other than having some long lines.... I had one go in that actually made it to the 7th line. Unbelievable!

You may just be corrupting scratchpad RAM. :) I thought the new limits I entered were safe but it's a hack, and not guaranteed to be. ;)

• Like 1