11 members have voted

1. 1. MULTI POLL PICK AS MANY AS YOU LIKE

• Rainbow Walker
    • Guardians of the Gorn & Mr TNT
    • Wizard of Wor
    • Dark Chambers
    • Crush Crumble and Chomp

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I said we'd get back on a Sunday schedule so here's the next poll already ;)

Rainbow Walker

rainbow_walker.png

Runner up from every poll so far this season will it make it to being played this time?

Faily easy in the scheme of things, fun Q*Bert style hopping on the scrolling rainbow changing the squares' colours, complete each vertical row to lock it in.

Download XEX, Atarimania Info

Guardians of the Gorn with Mr. TNT

guardians_of_the_gorn.pngmr._tnt.png

The other runner up from the last poll.

Guardians of the Gorn is a new one to me! Looks like you move on the grid and bits disappear - so we could play this along with the fabulous Mr. TNT ;-)

Download XEX, Atarimania Info, Mr. TNT XEX Info

Wizard of Wor

wizard_of_wor.png

Superb 2 player and still great in single player. The intensity ramps up in the maze based blaster. Download XEX, Atarimania Info

Dark Chambers

dark_chambers.png

Atarimaina comment "Much better than Gauntlet" :-o:thumbsup:

Crush Crumble and Chomp

crush_crumble_and_chomp.png

I've got absolutely no idea about this one! you guys suggest them and I put them into the polls :grin:

Note: requires BASIC and OS-B

It appears to have been slx' suggestion, based on games he knew nothing about but sound cool... I know the title by name but never played it.

It seems to be a movie monster simulation featuring 6 monsters, 4 cities and 5 different scenarios which can be combined at two different speeds. The manual is packed full with 36 pages of important details, commands and movement individual for each monster type. Based on comments on Lemon64, there is no way to win the game, only different ways you can die. There seems to be some scoring mechanism, but the manual and screenshots are sketchy how it works. Probably it is great fun to tinker with for some 10 minutes up to an hour at a time, not entirely unlike Sim City, but I'm not at all sure it is HSC material.

Edit: After watching some YouTube videos of both the Atari 8-bit and C64 versions, I found that there is a timer that increases for as long as you manage to stay alive, plus a score at the end of the game that likely is a combination of time and what you have accomplished. Thus it really has a score to compare.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1