IGNORED

My mediocre collection

Couple pics I had on my phone of the dude lair. Nothing special compared to a lot of collections on here, but, then again, I haven't set out to have a massive collection, just the stuff I enjoy. Unfortunately, I didn't have a better picture of the arcade/pinball wall. There's also a Bally Lost World that's cut off.

post-63971-0-33884700-1520879992.jpg

post-63971-0-80898700-1520880008_thumb.jpg

Edit:

Fast forward a few years20210920_140603.thumb.jpg.281fec7b7a4f427c5a0d1ea7f43a6b33.jpg20210501_210658.thumb.jpg.0d65278aa0f5cd50b50b2526d7c71b4c.jpg

Edited by 4300
  • Like 19

Yes. I (personally) find a couple 2 or 3 arcade cabs useful in order to create ambiance. It's when a basement becomes jam-packed with so many cabs you can't spread out and socialize that I start disliking stuff. When it becomes a maze.. it's not for me.

Any collection looks good as long as it's arrange and presented tastefully like so. It's when consoles need to be unshelved, unpacked, power-adapter located and snaked to the back, and a lengthy "set-up" process followed; that's what I dislike.

Consoles should slide out of their shelf and be ready to go, the only setup that should take place is maybe changing a controller and flipping an A-B switch to get to connected.

---

And less is more.

• Like 2

This is one of my favorites of all time. A lot of memories playing this at the local bowling alley. I wish I had room for some pins. Really wish the folks at Pinball Arcade would do a digital version of this one.

Paragon is on there. It's basically lost worlds big brother.

I see they have replacement monitors. Are the motherboards original?

Nope, unfortunately. I bought the Ms Pac a while back before I knew any better. The cab was gutted with a 60 in 1 and an LCD monitor installed. I've restored the cabinet, but haven't done anything with the guts yet. And honestly, despite the crap they get, I actually enjoy the 60 in 1 board. I do have a G07 monitor sitting on the work bench getting recapped that will probably end up in it. The Defender is actually a scratch build running a 19 in 1 board.

• Like 1

If you don't already, get some everdrives to add depth and richness to your collection. IMHO every classic game console and vintage computer should have a modern-day storage alternative. It's just stupid crazy how you can pack thousands upon thousands carts and disks in a quarter cubic centimeter crystal!

• Like 1

If you don't already, get some everdrives to add depth and richness to your collection. IMHO every classic game console and vintage computer should have a modern-day storage alternative. It's just stupid crazy how you can pack thousands upon thousands carts and disks in a quarter cubic centimeter crystal!

I'm definitely leaning that way toward systems I enjoy playing and experiencing occasionally but am not passionate enough about to collect for or spend all kinds of money on. Especially with computers, where the rabbit holes can be virtually endless. I own literally dozens of systems--it's not feasible to collect for all of them, for several reasons (well, really just three, I guess...space, money, and time are finite :-D).

But then there are a few that I'm passionate (/borderline obsessive :ponder:) about that I do collect for, so I do have "real" collections for several platforms...and a bunch of other systems with SD cards or folders of games on my laptop. :-D It's a good balance, I think. :)

Edited by BassGuitari
  • Like 1