IGNORED

Question for “sealed in box” collectors

Kaiju

Personally I want to play everything...if for only a handful of times. see what I missed out on back then, then Im the box and on the shelf..

Anyways my question is. I noticed the few times I got any new old stock, the box seams to be buckling naturally under the old seal. Outside of unwrapping obviously, how do you guys battle this?

Or is there a point where the box buckle = seal and it remains the way it is from that point on.

I'd imagine it would get worse and shrink. And things that shrink are not good. And perhaps even condensation could collect under the overtight wrapping and adhere it to the box, making unwrapping a damaging operation.

Best bet is to relieve the stress by cutting the shrinkwrap or remove it entirely.

So the mindset of a collector of sealed games isnt to keep them sealed and resell st a premium, when it comes to these older systems at least.

But more to assure it is intact complete and the cart is in working order?

I can't speak for anyone else but I do have a few sealed 7800 games. My mindset is just that I enjoy preserving something exactly as it would have appeared on store shelves when I was a kid. Gaming, to me, is a full experience. It's not just about seeing pretty pictures on a screen. It's also about going to a store, picking up that game, holding it in your hands, and the anticipation you feel about being able to take that cartridge out and play it later. That's part of the experience, and there's really no way to re-live that with an old system, but you can at least get close to it with a sealed game. Of course, *opening* a sealed game was also part of the experience, and I've opened one or two of my sealed 7800 games. But I don't need to open all of them; reliving that once every few years is enough.

• Like 1

I totally agree, I mean I still have 3 Toys R Us tickets I held onto somehow..just a quick glance at these bring me right back.

. one for Super Mario 2, another for Godzilla and the last for TurboGrafix Cd system....i sware when I expand my game room, Im going to have homedepot color match this ToysRus yellow for my walls..

The point of this topic really is I ended up with a couple sealed games and I rather not leave them sealed if its going to continue to compress the box, that line where the benefits of a sealed copy turns into a negative ...if that makes sense

Edited by Kaiju