IGNORED

Manchester United Europe

Govvy

Wow, that was an amazing thread! Thanks for sharing! I've been looking for some of those GO! and C+VG scans for a long time. Me and a friend had all of those magazines. I probably read that "Lynx Lowdown" spread with APB and Pacland a hundred times before I got my Lynx. I also decided to go for a Lynx Model II because of that positive one page review in GO!

• Like 1

Glad to hear the thread was of use.

The Lynx press coverage never got as much attention as the Jaguar,but it's nice to hear it has it's fans.

Atarimania has a few more scans i had done at a later date and i found a few more issues after that,but didn't think it was worth having them done to the section was up and running.

GO! Was a superb magazine and it,along with Zero and Raze, really seemed to appreciate the Lynx.

Yeah, I used to buy pretty much every issue of Computer + videogames, GO! and Mean Machines for a few years. I really regret selling them in a second hand book store later, but fortunately these old lovely things resurfaces on the internet!

Have you considered making a thread of those magazine scans here on AtariAge where people could add some of their scans? Iirc I should have at least one Lynx related review page to add (I can't remember the magazines name from the top of my head).

• Like 1

I did consider it, as i created 1 on Assembler and Atari I.O forums (and given the status of Assembler forum at present, i honestly wonder just how long it will be around for)...

But there never seemed enough interest on those 2 sites to invest time creating another.

When i saw Atarimania were building a Lynx section, i threw all the scans you've seen so far,plus the ones i paid Mort to scan from my personal magazine collection and all the internal documents from Atari, Scott Stilphen kindly passed onto me.

That seemed the wisest area to have them preserved and help make the section work.

Threw in some Gamezone scans(spin off magazine from Zero) in their as well, that was another fantastic magazine that really appreciated the

Lynx.

It would be nice to have 1 general 'lynx Press' type thread on here, with all the scans from the era preserved, plus updates on the missing games,what was actually in development, what was speculation...

GTW getting the low down on Tiertex Strider II was a great find,even if Game itself would of done nothing to reverse fortunes of the hardware.

People from Atari Corp, HMS,Gremlin etc have all put forward interesting insights etc...

But going by fact only a handful of people ever seem interested, i went the Atarimania route.

The Go! review of World Cup Soccer also made note of Manchester United being converted to the Lynx by Krisalis.

And it's review of European Club Soccer pointed out it was simply a conversion of Manchester United and the only changes were cosmetic.

It scored lower on the Lynx though. .The 2 reviewers giving it 84% where as Amiga Manchester United had pulled in 95% in its C+VG review.

Edited by Lost Dragon

Just had a look on the memory card of scans i had done.

Ok, so joining what already exists on the Assembler thread, i paid to have a further 7 reviews from Go! Magazine scanned..

2 from Gamezone Magazine.

Then you have misc odds n sods preview pages and the 2 page Lynx User HMS feature.

And of course Scott Stilphen's Atari documentation.

I've been trying to find the interview where Jeff Minter talks if delivering a game to Atari UK and expecting to get 1 of the 1st Lynx units into the UK, which had been part of his payment deal, only to find Atari UK had sold it , but it escapes me exactly where i saw it.

Edited by Lost Dragon

Great work.

Wikipedia is something i don't use,so great to see others taking time out to update entries like this,from credible sources,rather than put up speculation.

Not sure if it needs anything added to it, as the game changes are cosmetic it seems.

Footy games aren't my bag so i haven't played either version myself..

;-)

Well, I've added a few games to Wiki, my favourite Atari Lynx game which I love was Zarlor Mercenary which I also added. There are still games missing off wikipedia I plan to add those also, I just really wanted wiki to have a complete list.

• Like 1