IGNORED

HDRetrovision Component Cables (Back in Stock)

I'm impressed with the results on my model 2 Genesis. Better than the s-video modded system I used to have. Anybody have any experience using these with the non tmss model 1? Are jailbars still an issue?

Yes jailbars are present on both a JPN va3 and a US va2 model 1 units. I ended up cutting the trace off the subcarrier to reduce them by quite a bit and then installed a button on the back to turn the subcarrier on and off as needed. S-video and composite still need the subcarrier. But to answer the question, yes. In fact the jail bars were more pronounced when I went with these cables. My s-video had them, but they were much more faint and not noticeable except on certain backgrounds etc. With these HDretrovision cables, you could see them practically all the the time hence my cutting of the subcarrier.

I picked up cables for Genesis and SNES and having some issues. For clarity, they look amazing. However, they both shift the screen to the left quite a bit, cutting off a bit of signal. Tried on multiple tvs (CRT and HD) all with the same result. Other devices with Component do not have this issue (PS2, DVD Player, Wii, XBox) Any suggestions for a fix? Bad cables? Just out of luck?

I know it outputs an RGB signal but I'm not sure how you would convert that to component.

You use the HD retro vision cables, that's how. :lol:

All they are is a well designed external RGB to Component converter. In the past, people put larger converter boards inside consoles. Something like the JROK, which has been around forever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How well do these work on CRTs? Picked up a circa 2003 Trinitron with component inputs, and I'm looking at whether it's worth the extra cost vs. going for s-video.

Looks like they work great, but I'm unsure how large a difference you'll see. I took the following question and answer from their FAQ.

My TV has component video inputs, but it's not an HDTV. Will the cables still work?

Absolutely. An HDTV is not required to experience the clarity provided by our cables. In fact, many users are thrilled with the quality experienced on their standard definition CRT TVs which have YPbPr inputs.

I've added the link to this as well! https://www.hdretrovision.com/faq/

Also happy to report that they are still very much in stock!

Edited by KeeperofLindblum