IGNORED

Finally Decided To Get A Switch

simbalion

Well, after debating it for a bit, I finally took the plunge yesterday evening and bought a Switch. What really sold me on it was trying out the demo of Super Mario Odyssey, though the price tag sort of made me hold back a few days longer. Still, I am glad I finally got one. So far I have Super Mario Odyssey and Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for it and am having a blast! Took out a bit of my tax refund, but I think it was worth it. Originally, I planned to use it more in the handheld mode, but it seems hard on the battery and after seeing how it looks on my 19 inch Toshiba, I have decided to use it more in the console mode. Actually, using it that way frees up more use options with the controllers that I might need on some of the games. My only real worry was where I had to put the console. My space is limited around the TV, so the only flat spot where all the cables would reach is right on top of my DirecTV box. Now, my Game Cube never minded it, but these TV boxes get hot when they are in use! So, today I found a $2 solution to my problem. A small, slotted letter tray which I turned into a stand.

post-8339-0-88741000-1521398841.jpg

Now I am looking forward to discovering more games for this system. There is at least one Lego game I want to get and I have yet to check out the future physical releases. :)

• Like 2

Smart move with the stand. I kept mine over to the side on top of a repurposed Sony wood stereo rack I use for most my stuff. Kept because I think I may start using it TV mode more often, damn thing broke when it took a hit. Body got bent but not broken, left joycon busted along the side detaching the rail though still worked. It's off to Nintendo and I dread them sending me some scratched up refurb like they did when I had that sucky WiiU. I sent them a spotless black system, got one back that look like it got a fine grit sandpaper massage on the side and I was pissed.