IGNORED

My living room setup (with a couple bonus pieces in the photo)

CharonPDX

post-63701-0-01004300-1521516171_thumb.jpg

The ECS doesn't usually reside in the living room (nor do the Inty II and Intellivoice boxes, nor the Sears SVA,) but the rest is stored there, although the games are usually in a bin, rather than loose on the top. And the Inty there usually has an Intellivoice plugged in, but to avoid duplicating, I moved it out of frame for the picture.

I now have almost all of the 'network' Mattel games (and will have them all except Checkers shortly if the response to an ad is positive,)

Bonus: What it usually looks like, with bonus cat:
post-63701-0-65248600-1521516707_thumb.jpg (The bin of games is stored on the ground next to it.)

• Like 9

Alright, after a couple more eBay purchases and trades, the only original "network" game I'm missing is Electric Company Word Fun - but I just made an offer on that + Math Fun boxed in good condition on eBay. If they accept, I'll have all network games boxed. Then the only Mattel Electronics game I'll be missing is Pinball, although few of my 1983 releases are boxed. (Not counting ECS games - still want World Series Baseball, but holy hell is it expensive.) Also need a replacement box for Tron Solar Sailer - as I misread my spreadsheet and sent someone my boxed copy thinking that was the Intellivoice game I had two boxed copies of. Nope. Space Spartans is the one I have two boxed copies of.

• Like 1

Nice progress! World Series MLB was particularly difficult for me. I almost nabbed one a few times, but it fell through. Finally, I was able to grab one...definitely one of the later games I picked up. I'd recommend aiming for no more than $25 for a loose cart or about $80-120 boxed. Be patient. If you pay more, make sure it has a nice box. FYI, there's currently a repro box listed on eBay...if you're not picky. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Updated living room setup - moved that antique dresser in to the guest room where it belonged (after thoroughly cleaning/rearranging it - it had become the "junk room".)

And, as mentioned when I got the Tele-Games Center, I put a proper end table with a bookshelf on top there to hold it, with all the boxed games on the bookshelf (instead of in a bin.) And, as intended, the unboxed games are in the T-G Center under the Intellivision.

And yes, I now have all of the original pre-1983 "Network" titles boxed. And all Mattel titles other than Jetsons and Melody Blaster in cartridge form. (Yes, I got a boxed World Series Baseball - less than $100, too.)

IMG_5885.jpeg

IMG_5886.jpeg

• Like 4

It was at work.  I had brought it in with other "obsolete media" to show to a younger cow-orker. I forgot it was there when arranging the shelves.  Brought it home today and rearranged. (To put in proper left-to-right alphabetical order within each group, and to arrange the groups so that similar colors aren't next to each other.

What's funny is someone on Reddit realized the missing Utopia, too, which is what reminded me it was at work.

Here you go - with Utopia, and in better arrangement.

IMG_5891.thumb.jpeg.447be0efb5c4a3bf55299f02b3d643b0.jpeg

What's sad it, the act of doing this rearranging on the bookshelf prompted me to go buy more games on eBay... (Which also has me really annoyed I missed PRGE.) Now there are only two of the 125 I don't own some legal copy of (physical or ROM.) And 20 with no cartridge. The 2 no-legal-copy are, predictably, Tutankham and Super Cobra. The ones I just picked up are the last few licensed Mattel or INTV Corp games I didn't already have, plus got a couple boxed copies of Mattel releases I had only bare-cartridge of; now the only Mattel releases I don't have a boxed copy of are MotU (have a bid on one that I'll probably get sniped at the last second,) Melody Blaster (no physical copy at all, but also no music keyboard, so it's not a big deal,) and Scooby Doo's Maze Chase. Or at least, that'll be the case once the eBay shipments arrive next week.  That should completely fill the shelves. I might even have to take out the LTO Flash box to make them all fit.

Also, I hadn't realized that my "in the organizer" shot was blurry - here's a better one.  

IMG_5893.thumb.jpeg.236acfd2cd6d8f1d3cb9431a2f8623cb.jpeg

Sliding out-of-view upper-left is Popeye. The "label peeled off" Activision game is Happy Trails. The Atarisoft is Centipede. The Imagics cover everything that isn't boxed except Fathom and White Water, and at upper-right behind Super Pro Hockey (in original INTV sealed plastic baggie!) is Congo Bongo. Oh, and the Zaxxon is a CBS, not a Coleco.  Normally my Intellivoice sits on top of the "short cartridge" games, which is why Popeye isn't in the empty cartridge slot - it would make the Intellivoice too tall, and the Intellivision/SVA wouldn't rest on top properly.

• Like 2