IGNORED

newbie needs help/question

superomni

I've never had any experience buying a cabinet. I have a chance of buying a Circus Charlie machine for $90. The only problem is that the screen keeps scrolling horizontally from left to right. Is there such a thing as a horizontal hold adjustment on the monitor? If not what else could it be? How much would a replacement monitor cost if needed? ALso what is JAMMA? Is this machone a JAMMA machine? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Here is a link about the game you are looking to get. Assuming it is all original, there is a link for the service manual there as well. The scrolling may just be the hold. This isn't a Jamma game. Jamma stands for - aww hell I can't remember ;) But anyways, Jamma is a conversion class that was develpoped in the later 80's IIRC to have any industry standard for all cabinets. Basically, the same wire harness will work for all Jamma game boards and for the most part, buttons and controls. There are a few different classes of Jamma like Jamma+ which is usually a different amount of buttons or different type controller. Cassidy knows all about this stuff and has been a great help to me. Maybe he can offer more info to you.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...=C&game_id=7341

There are usually adjustments for the monitor. I have never seen one that did not have "fine" tuning. If it is rolling crazy, I would suggest checking the solder on the input connectors (sometimes they cold solder and end up with a rolling screen). If you get it, shoot me a photo of the monitor inside, and I'll talk you through it.

HTH, by the way, good price for a working game.

Cassidy

:)

Thanks for the kind words, SScream!

Archived