IGNORED

Horipad or PowerA (Zelda, Mario, default) Wired on PC?

Tanooki

I bumped into this new shop in town that opened today and found they had some discounted new (overstock, damaged box, returns a little I guess, they're not returns) goods. They had the Mario and Zelda PowerA wired for $13 and the Horipad for $12. I don't need another Switch controller exactly, but I would like to use the things (either) as a Windows PC controller.

Problem is I get nothing but conflicting bs from doing a search over it. Some say they work, some say you need to select this or that in Steam(or whatever) to work, others talk about it just not working at all. I don't get all the conflicting crap on such a simple question.

They also had 2 sets of red/blue neon and 2 yellow/yellow joycon boxes new for $44 which was amazing. If I had a need for a second set I'd have been all over that.

• 3 weeks later...

Last i looked the yellows sold but the red/blue neon were there as were the controllers that are wired.

I really do need to know for sure if they will pick up and work on the PC specially for both classic (GoG based old) to Steam modern console conversion type stuff. I have for a time put up with a 360 PC version controller and the backwards SNES alignment of the buttons drives me nuts.

Well that would make me lean towards believing if that worked in Linux it's more than likely getting some more universal hand shaking for general support. The reason I asked and not tested, I can't return stuff at that store unless it's actually missing something or damaged as it's a second hand/overstock item(new) type stuff shop. There is no, I hate the item, want my money back.