IGNORED

I need an Atari 2600 programmer!

...or you could use HackOmatic to scroll down in Adventure and change the "Created by Warren Robinett" message in the secret area. This has a couple advantages...

-You can play dumb and ask your "victim" how to use the dot (hubba)

-You can do the changes all by yourself (hubba hubba)

Thomas, was that the same one that was available at Hozer? You could have your own text message burned into a cart. That sounds like what she needs.

1. Is the ROM floating around out there?

2. If so, does someone know how to program in the message?

3. Can someone then burn it onto a cart?

Thomas, was that the same one that was available at Hozer? You could have your own text message burned into a cart. That sounds like what she needs.  

1. Is the ROM floating around out there?

2. If so, does someone know how to program in the message?

3. Can someone then burn it onto a cart?

Hey there. That was mine :) Eckhard and I both took 2 separate approaches and made 2 separate scrolling text demos. His became the engine for the Rime of the Ancient Mariner (part 1) text demo, IIRC, and mine was released on Hozer (as Alphanumeric Madness and 2600-post-it-note).

No one's contacted me about re-selling, tho...

Regards,

-John K. Harvey

That's right. I only wrote my scrolling demos when people were asking for improvements on John's demo, and John said that he'd rather like to see someone else do a new scrolling text demo, because he wanted to concentrate on the game that he was writing at the time (Pressure Gauge).

BTW, I posted the source code for the scrolling text demos to the Stella mailing list, so there is no need to hack the binaries. If you can use DASM, it would be much easier to change the text and the font graphics in the source code, because then all the pointers would automatically be set correctly too.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Wow.. Okay, so it looks like finding someone to program it won't be a problem!

But what about getting it into cart format?

I DON'T need labels/packing/etc. I'd basically like to cannibalize some existing 2600 carts, leaving their labels intact as much as possible.. But that's something I can take care of. I just need to know now how to get it burned onto a board!

I DON'T need labels/packing/etc.  I'd basically like to cannibalize some existing 2600 carts, leaving their labels intact as much as possible.. But that's something I can take care of.  I just need to know now how to get it burned onto a board!

I'd be glad to do that for you, I've sent you a private message.

..Al

I DON'T need labels/packing/etc.  I'd basically like to cannibalize some existing 2600 carts, leaving their labels intact as much as possible.. But that's something I can take care of.  I just need to know now how to get it burned onto a board!

I'd be glad to do that for you, I've sent you a private message.

..Al

Hey! Can you do that for me, too? I just wrote a .bin that I'd love to have burned onto a board.

Ben

Hey! Can you do that for me, too?  I just wrote a .bin that I'd love to have burned onto a board.

Absolutely, drop me a private message. This is actually mentioned in our AtariAge Store FAQ, but it's not something people would bump into accidently, so I'll have to put this information in a more visible place, like on the front page of the sotre. :)

..Al

Archived