IGNORED

Was the DK Jr DDP for Adam ever released as a homebrew for the CV?

Swami

Was the DK Jr DDP for Adam, with the extra Mario's Bakery and other enhancements, ever released as a homebrew for the CV?

I think the short answer is no. Team Pixelboy released Buck Rogers, Zaxxon, Dragon's Lair and Subroc supergames but not Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. supergames. Not sure why but maybe they are in the works. They would be popular I think.

Is the game still available?

Better if as rom file...

The above posted Donkey Kong Junior Super Game, as well as Donkey Kong Super Game, D(igital) D(ata) P(ack) images for the Coleco Adam's tape drive, have been made publicly available for many years now. They can be played via the MAME/MESS emulator utilizing the following example command line after having the necessary ADAM system BIOS/ROM files placed in the appropriate ROMs folder:

mame.exe adam -cass1 "C:\Path\To\Game\Images\Donkey Kong (Coleco Adam).ddp"

or

mame.exe adam -cass1 "C:\Path\To\Game\Images\Donkey Kong Jr (Coleco Adam).ddp"

All necessary files are attached below. Place all the files labeled 'adam*.zip' into the roms folder of your MAME/MESS installation. Do not unzip the files.

However, the zip files for DK & DKJR can be unzipped and placed wherever desired. Just direct the provided above example command line accordingly.

Tested under the latest version of MAME (0.195) and both games work perfectly. Many older versions of MAME(/MESS) should work just as well.

Team Pixelboy's (ColecoVision requiring the SGM) cartridge release of the aforementioned games have not seen public ROM distribution.

*Note: When desiring to exit the emulator, the "Scroll Lock" key must be pressed first, then press the "Esc" key. By default, full emulated keyboard support is enabled under MAME/MESS, and the Scroll Lock key toggles between enabling the full emulation of the system's keyboard and the user interface. Also, by default, the Keypad of the Player 1 controller maps to the Num Pad keys of the keyboard.

Donkey Kong (Coleco Adam).zipDonkey Kong Jr (Coleco Adam).zip

adam.zipadam_ddp.zipadam_fdc.zip

adam_kb.zipadam_prn.zipadam_spi.zip

• Like 5

The above posted Donkey Kong Junior Super Game, as well as Donkey Kong Super Game, D(igital) D(ata) P(ack) images for the Coleco Adam's tape drive, have been made publicly available for many years now. They can be played via the MAME/MESS emulator utilizing the following example command line after having the necessary ADAM system BIOS/ROM files placed in the appropriate ROMs folder:

mame.exe adam -cass1 "C:\Path\To\Game\Images\Donkey Kong (Coleco Adam).ddp"

or

mame.exe adam -cass1 "C:\Path\To\Game\Images\Donkey Kong Jr (Coleco Adam).ddp"

All necessary files are attached below. Place all the files labeled 'adam*.zip' into the roms folder of your MAME/MESS installation. Do not unzip the files.

However, the zip files for DK & DKJR can be unzipped and placed wherever desired. Just direct the provided above example command line accordingly.

Tested under the latest version of MAME (0.195) and both games work perfectly. Many older versions of MAME(/MESS) should work just as well.

Team Pixelboy's (ColecoVision requiring the SGM) cartridge release of the aforementioned games have not seen public ROM distribution.

*Note: When desiring to exit the emulator, the "Scroll Lock" key must be pressed first, then press the "Esc" key. By default, full emulated keyboard support is enabled under MAME/MESS, and the Scroll Lock key toggles between enabling the emulated system keyboard and the user interface. Also, by default, the Keypad of the Player 1 controller maps to the Num Pad keys of the keyboard.

attachicon.gifDonkey Kong (Coleco Adam).zipattachicon.gifDonkey Kong Jr (Coleco Adam).zip

attachicon.gifadam.zipattachicon.gifadam_ddp.zipattachicon.gifadam_fdc.zip

attachicon.gifadam_kb.zipattachicon.gifadam_prn.zipattachicon.gifadam_spi.zip

On to the MAME Adam emulator. I've always been able to access controller input through the Tab key in all games. That does not appear to work here.

Is there a way to configure controllers in game, or only by going to global input configuration in the MAME GUI homepage or other means that are external to the game?

...and, if so, can you give me a file location, where I can customize the controller input for a single game? Or better, a tutorial or user guide somewhere.

On to the MAME Adam emulator. I've always been able to access controller input through the Tab key in all games. That does not appear to work here.

Is there a way to configure controllers in game, or only by going to global input configuration in the MAME GUI homepage or other means that are external to the game?

...and, if so, can you give me a file location, where I can customize the controller input for a single game? Or better, a tutorial or user guide somewhere.

*Note: When desiring to exit the emulator, the "Scroll Lock" key must be pressed first, then press the "Esc" key. By default, full emulated keyboard support is enabled under MAME/MESS, and the Scroll Lock key toggles between enabling the full emulation of the system's keyboard and the user interface. Also, by default, the Keypad of the Player 1 controller maps to the Num Pad keys of the keyboard.

Press 'Scroll Lock'. Then try the 'Tab' key again. ;)

Press 'Scroll Lock'. Then try the 'Tab' key again. ;)

Okay. Thanks! That works. I needed to switch to another keyboard that actually had a scroll lock on it. :) To get out I was just using Alt+Tab and closing it in the menu bar. Virtual Keyboard is not operational during MAME, as well.

Okay. Thanks! That works. I needed to switch to another keyboard that actually had a scroll lock on it. :) To get out I was just using Alt+Tab and closing it in the menu bar. Virtual Keyboard is not operational during MAME, as well.

The Scroll Lock key function/task can be remapped as well:

After entering the 'Tab' configuration menu --> "Input (General)" --> "User Interface"

Scroll (arrow key) down until "UI Toggle" is displayed. Note the default states "Kbd Scroll Lock"
Remap as desired. :)