IGNORED

Configure Geneva/NeoDesk4

Hi there,

I recently downloaded NeoDesk 4 and Geneva from the website and I absolutely love them. I am now just inquring about how to edit the configurations with it.

Here is what I want to do...

1) Autobook NeoDesk right away after loading Geneva

2) Auto set resolution to 256 colors instead of 2 colors

I am running hAtari and I am emulating a Falcon computer (which I love doing it) and it keeps on just loading up the Geneva and then it stops and then I have to click the Open and then run NeoDesk. Even if I do a save desktop to the 256 colors, it still boots it up to the 2 color screen. I change the settings to 256 colors and then it loads up Geneva and then I can load up NeoDesk with the 256 colors.

I had the same issue. From further installing, I found that installing Neodesk first and then installing Geneva worked. Geneva installation asks for the location of Neodesk and sets it to start automatically after Geneva has loaded.

That is the exact order I did it in, but some reason it doesn't load up NeoDesk right after Geneva loads up first time nor the time after I do the changes to my desktop within NeoDesk.

• 3 years later...
On 3/23/2018 at 3:07 AM, DoctorVell said:

Hi there,

I recently downloaded NeoDesk 4 and Geneva from the website and I absolutely love them. I am now just inquring about how to edit the configurations with it.

Here is what I want to do...

1) Autobook NeoDesk right away after loading Geneva

2) Auto set resolution to 256 colors instead of 2 colors

I am running hAtari and I am emulating a Falcon computer (which I love doing it) and it keeps on just loading up the Geneva and then it stops and then I have to click the Open and then run NeoDesk. Even if I do a save desktop to the 256 colors, it still boots it up to the 2 color screen. I change the settings to 256 colors and then it loads up Geneva and then I can load up NeoDesk with the 256 colors.

Did you ever find a solution for problem number 2 ?
Geneva/Neodesk always seems to start in Medium resolution whereas I would like it to start in Low Resolution.

16 hours ago, Lastic said:

Did you ever find a solution for problem number 2 ?
Geneva/Neodesk always seems to start in Medium resolution whereas I would like it to start in Low Resolution.

Found the solution on a German forum.

https://forum.atari-home.de/index.php?topic=16479.0

NeoDesk > Taks > Options > Video, Change your resolution to Low Resolution
NeoDesk > Taks > Options > Settings > Save Settings

In my case I also had to UNCHECK NeoDesk > Taks > Options > Misc Option > Video from Newdesk/Desktop.inf

https://forum.atari-home.de/index.php?topic=16479.0

• Thanks 1