IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Spooky 8-Bit Homebrew Halloween Games on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Mon Oct 31, 2022 | LIVE @ 7PM PT | 10PM ET | 2AM GMT+1Day (NOTE SPECIAL DAY & TIME)

WATCH LIVE: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:

689128798_20221031-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.4ddffc0bec8f5b9681b9becdd4911932.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That was a very entertaining and nice to look at show! 👻

Your persistence in "Abu Simbel Profanation" is astounding.

Just in case you are in need to say my nickname again, here a pronunciation hint: Ear-Kent-Fair... 😉

Thanks for all the efforts - you made me think about creating a "Zeropage-Homebrew"-Homebrew... 😁

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Irgendwer said:

That was a very entertaining and nice to look at show! 👻

Your persistence in "Abu Simbel Profanation" is astounding.

Thank you so much for watching! A.S.P. was a lot of fun, I love figuring out games like that where there are bite sized puzzles especially in combination with platforming and timing elements!

Just in case you are in need to say my nickname again, here a pronunciation hint: Ear-Kent-Fair... 😉

Sorry about the mispronunciation, I definitely encounter a lot of names and nicknames that give me trouble as an English speaker! The pronunciation is fairly distant from what it would phonetically be in English so I'll do my best to remember that. I should probably start a file of names and pronunciations.

Thanks for all the efforts - you made me think about creating a "Zeropage-Homebrew"-Homebrew... 😁

You're so welcome, it's a fun show to do! Thank you back as well, it's my pleasure to play games from developers like yourself!

I would be honoured if you made a ZPH Homebrew! 💖 Be sure to include the cats in it somehow, hahah!

- James

• Like 1

Great show again!

I enjoyed that you literally had to tear the controller out of Tanya's hands while she played my game. 😁

As Tanya said she will continue to play, I suggest to write down the level passwords - those "may" 😉 become handy later on...

I really have to make a NTSC version, as the colors are quite off... ...and the background music is not available for NTSC.

Have FuN!

• Thanks 1

Great show again!

I enjoyed that you literally had to tear the controller out of Tanya's hands while she played my game. 😁

As Tanya said she will continue to play, I suggest to write down the level passwords - those "may" 😉 become handy later on...

Tanya LOVES puzzle games, especially ones that really challenge her so she really enjoyed yours quite a bit as you saw! Thank you so much for making it, it was a lot of fun trying to figure out the levels as we played it.

- James

• Like 1

ALERT! 

All the new releases from AtariAge are now in the ZPH studio ready for the 12 HOUR EVENT (6hrs x 2) this weekend! So much to do in the next two days before AtariAge Day Fall Edition!

Saturday Nov 12 & Sunday Nov 13 , 2022
LIVE @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT

PXL_20221110_231235628.thumb.jpg.4d6dba1707a9c14532918c37c42144bd.jpg
  • Like 9

On 10/30/2022 at 2:33 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

INTERVIEW WITH

CHRIS SPRY (Sprybug)

AT PRGE 2022

Saw it!  Thanks!  I linked the video to a bunch of my buds online.  Came on here to talk to my beta testers and give them the latest zed to test.  If all goes well, this should be it!  I'm in the middle of making the art for all the materials and have already written up some of the manual.  Hitting the March deadline for Albert should be easy. :)

• Like 2

We made it through to the other side!

Thank you so much to all the developers and my congratulations goes all to all of you on your new homebrew releases, it was a great pleasure to talk with all of you over the past two days! It's always a fun time discussing with you all your amazing accomplishments and taking a look at the result of all your hard work! Thank you so much of course to Albert as well for continuing to maintain AtariAge as the incredible hub of positive creativity that it is!

Here's a behind the scenes shot of the rats nest of wiring and lighting that it took to broadcast AtariAge Day, it's always a great time helping put the word out about new homebrew for the systems we all love!

- James (and Tanya)

PXL_20221112_194518492.thumb.jpg.007219845718ca8bc02c960f99f4b95e.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

@ZeroPage HomebrewThank you James and Tanya for putting this together.  Additional thanks to Al @Albertand all of the Devs and creatives that selflessly give of their time, to keep our hobby and community humming along. 10 year old me never dreamed of playing Atari at this point in my life, much less, new Atari games. Thank you all. 🙂

• Like 4

ZPH SPOTTED IN THE WILD!

Looks like Tim Schafer (Full Throttle, Grim Fandango) is a fan of ZeroPage Homebrew! He wore a green ZPH shirt for his interview in the new 'Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration' game release. Thank you for letting me know Nostalgic!

If you look close you can see Atari's cat face poking out!

- James

655651990_20221112-TimSchafer-ZPHShirt.thumb.PNG.8dbc08f7e7bcb9b35e78023e9d2bb2b4.PNG
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ALBERT YARUSSO'S SURPRISE GIFT

FROM IVORY TOWER COLLECTIONS & PACMANPLUS AT PRGE 2022

Albert Yarusso @Albert, Ivory Tower Collections @-^CrossBow^-, Bob DeCrescenzo @PacManPlus

Beautiful case 👏👏👏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

NEW TECH MEGASPECIAL FOR YOUR ATARI 2600

PLUS TWO NEW GAMES AND LIVE INTERVIEWS WITH DEVS!

Fri Nov 25, 2022 | LIVE @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT
WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

Tomorrow on ZeroPage Homebrew we will not only be revealing a TON of new software and hardware tech for your Atari 2600 but we also have live interviews with two developers behind it all, ZackAttack and MarcoJ! We'll be discussing and showing you so many new innovations that will BLOW YOUR MIND including 3D realtime wireframes and raycasting plus two new games! Check out the full list below for all the things we'll be premiering on the stream tomorrow, see you there!

Interviews with:

Atari 2600 Reveals:

• Realtime Full Screen 3D Wireframe Model!
  • 3D Raycasting Demo!
  • New Audio Engine: 12 Note Poly + 4 Digital!
  • New ELF Binary Game Format!
  • New Chameleon Multiconsole Cartridge!
  • Unified Uno/PlusCart Firmware!
  • Gopher2600 ELF Emulation!
  • Plus Much Much More!

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

ZPH Interview on ZPH!

Ever had a question about ZeroPage Homebrew? How does it operate behind the scenes? Why did James decide to do a stream all about Atari homebrew? Why does he keep doing it after 5 years? This is the time to ask!!

James' work partner and filmmaker Giovanna will be interviewing James and Tanya on January 3, 2023 about the show and more!

THREAD LINK TO POST QUESTIONS

• Like 2

Pretty slick stuff! 

Did the music sound better in person? Seemed rather rough on YouTube. I did like the selections.

The 3D models were slick. My original DPC+ ARM demo in 2010 displayed a 3D cube that you could rotate and zoom in on in real time:

IMG_3195.thumb.JPG.2d49c92e9bbc13e6a09caddc5d09ac7f.JPG

But my 3D projection calculations were a touch off.

image.thumb.jpeg.fa4938de8e8d037d073da84f9a065e77.jpeg

I gave up trying to figure out the issue as I wanted to get the DPC+ ARM demo out there for people to experiment with, so I didn't bother doing any other models. DPC+ was undergoing a lot of revisions back then so it doesn't work in Stella, just on real hardware.  

The 2600/7800 Octopusher was impressive, never thought it'd be possible to work around the missing pins for 7800 mode.

The automatic NTSC/PAL/SECAM detection in Draconian came about because of a suggestion from @ZackAttack back in 2015.

The RPG graphics were slick, blew my RPG graphics out of the water - mine levels were edited as raw data, something like that Tile Editor would have helped a lot.  I really liked the smooth character movement. Since they have Bus Stuffing figured out @MarcoJ should take a look at my RPG which uses a bus stuffing kernel by @cd-w to get 12 tiles across instead of 10.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

Pretty slick stuff! 

I agree, it was an incredibly impressive set of demos to show off all the new stuff that they've been working on over the past couple of years.

Did the music sound better in person? Seemed rather rough on YouTube. I did like the selections.

It does sound a little better in person and it does help to be familiar with the songs too. I think it was a decent cross section to show how different music can be handled with the audio driver. As you heard, some sounds fare better than others so I think it'll take some experimentation by the musician to make sure the songs are structured in a way that the music comes through clearly.

The 2600/7800 Octopusher was impressive, never thought it'd be possible to work around the missing pins for 7800 mode.

I never thought I'd see the day that the same cartridge could be plugged in to the 2600 and 7800 and be able to run two different programs, very impressive! I think some fun things can come from that in the future for those who create the same game for both platforms like @vhzc

The RPG graphics were slick, blew my RPG graphics out of the water - mine levels were edited as raw data, something like that Tile Editor would have helped a lot.  I really liked the smooth character movement. Since they have Bus Stuffing figured out @MarcoJ should take a look at my RPG which uses a bus stuffing kernel by @cd-w to get 12 tiles across instead of 10.

Thank you for linking that. The strength of the forums and the community is the software and hardware leapfrogging off of each other as new discoveries are made. I'm looking forward to all the new games that can now be realized using the techniques developed by @MarcoJ and @ZackAttack!

- James

• Like 3