IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

Just now, sramirez2008 said:

@ZeroPage HomebrewThanks for hosting today. The show was lots of fun.

Happy Holidays everyone!🙂

Thank you so much, it was a lot of fun for us too revisiting some fun games and playing some new ones too!

Happy Holidays!!

- James

19 hours ago, Karl G said:

No worries. Sorry about your Internet issues, but I'm glad to hear that it's not something like a power outage, after all.

19 hours ago, Albert said:

That's crazy. I've never had an outage like that before!

..Al

It turns out it was my network card on the computer and it was only solved by unplugging the computer from power. I remembered about an hour or so after the failed attempt to stream that simply rebooting the computer doesn't completely stop power from flowing to the network card! After that the speeds were back up to 100%. Unfortunately just before I streamed today for the rescheduled show the network card was acting up again and I had to power down again to fix it.

Time for a new non-motherboard network card!

- James

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

GAH! Somehow four years of archived show listings got deleted from the top post! 😞

This is not a good XMas present. 😭

The edit history should have the full post before it was truncated, but I'm unable to actually view it for some reason (I just get a blank page when trying to view the edit history).  It's possible the sheer number of edits for that post is causing a problem with my being able to view the edits.  I will need to file a support ticket to ask Invision to help me with that.  If they are unable to, I have database backups that would contain most of what's missing. 

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thank you so much Al!! That's a huge relief! Recreating that would take forever.

- James

When writing blog entries, I started making offline copies because the blog software would periodically barf an entire entry while attempting to post or edit it. I'd similarly suggest doing the same for your show listings. :) 

3 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

When writing blog entries, I started making offline copies because the blog software would periodically barf an entire entry while attempting to post or edit it. I'd similarly suggest doing the same for your show listings. :) 

@Albert: I got a double mail notification for this one.

WORLD PREMIERE OF CHAMP GAMES NEW 2600 HOMEBREW ELEVATOR AGENT

AND LIVE INTERVIEW WITH JOHN CHAMPEAU

PLUS WORLD PREMIERE OF LUNAR PATROL 7800

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

Fri Dec 30, 2022 | LIVE @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT+1Day
WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

We say goodbye to 2022 tomorrow with a huge bang by having John Champeau from Champ Games LIVE on ZeroPage Homebrew with the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of his Atari 2600 homebrew Elevator Agent, a port of the incredible Elevator Action!

Plus we also have the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of Oldstyle's port of Moon Patrol, Lunar Patrol for your Atari 7800! This is a follow up to his astounding port of Mario Bros. for the 7800 so you know you want to check this out! We also will play DrunkWitch by Karri Kaksonen for the 7800, brought over from his version on the Atari Lynx! You DON'T want to miss this jam packed episode!

Games:

• Elevator Agent (2022 Exclusive World Premiere | 2600) by John Champeau @johnnywc (Coding & Design), Nathan Strum @Nathan Strum (Art & Graphics), Pat Brady @Pat Brady (Music & Sounds) plus LIVE Video Interview with John Champeau
  • Lunar Patrol (2022 Exclusive World Premiere | 7800) by Oldstyle @OldStyle
  • DrunkWitch (Final Binary | 7800) by Karri Kaksonen @karri

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Secret Game (2022 Exclusive World Premiere | 2600) by John Champeau

Hmm, I don't think it's secret what the game is as I've announced on FB that I was working on it.  Should we just reveal it now since I don't have time (or ROM) to put in another secret code input screen? :P 

Either way, looking forward to the show! :D 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, johnnywc said:

Hmm, I don't think it's secret what the game is as I've announced on FB that I was working on it.  Should we just reveal it now since I don't have time (or ROM) to put in another secret code input screen? :P 

Either way, looking forward to the show! :D 

Hahah, I guess it's not SUPER secret as you've talked about it before. 🙂 You can reveal it now or wait until it appears on the screen tomorrow, either way it's definitely going be fun!

- James

11 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

WORLD PREMIERE OF CHAMP GAMES NEW 2600 SECRET HOMEBREW

AND LIVE INTERVIEW WITH JOHN CHAMPEAU

PLUS WORLD PREMIERE OF LUNAR PATROL 7800

1804975984_20221230-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.8139d33ce4a3a81804db2da3c8a324b2.jpg

I LOVE the graphics you found for Drunk Witch. If I just can stay awake at this hour I will watch your show.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, karri said:

I LOVE the graphics you found for Drunk Witch. If I just can stay awake at this hour I will watch your show.

Thank you so much! I found that great witch graphic and did some modifications to it for the cart art. Hopefully you can stay up for the show, we have something special planned for your game! 🙂

- James

2 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thank you so much! I found that great witch graphic and did some modifications to it for the cart art. Hopefully you can stay up for the show, we have something special planned for your game! 🙂

Aerlan is going to dress up as Elvira?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

- James

Mixing drinks was a nice twist yesterday. I enjoyed it.

The time was also well spent for me. Watching you play and struggle with no means to figure out which 16 drinks are implemented was educational.

I realized that I could add all kind of sensible drinks and just let Elvira say Ooh when you make something drinkable. That would let me fit in a lot of drinks in the game without running out of memory.

As the DrunkWitch is a very simple piece of code I plan to use it to learn to code in hearts bubbling up from bottom of the screen. My guess is that I need to learn to code holey graphics.

The show also thought me that I have to learn how to provide dual soundtracks for TIA. Like PAL + NTSC. It sounded terrible on NTSC yesterday. Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald were turning in their graves yesterday.

I just decided to make my sources for DrunkWitch public. The code is pretty simple and it is all written in C using my cc65 compiler for the 7800. A good example could help other programmers who like coding in C.

-- Enjoy --

DrunkWitch source code

The repository contains the Lynx version in the main level DrunkWitch.

And the 7800 version in the subdirectory DrunkWitch/7800.

Happy New Year,

And thanks for keeping homebrew development interesting with your blogs and awards.

Edit:
I fixed these things now and here is a new binary that addresses the NTSC vs PAL shortcomings that irritated me.

DrunkWitch.a78

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1