IGNORED

Trying to configure RamExpress II+

sm3

I purchased a RamExpress II+ from a2heaven and have installed it in my Apple IIc plus.

The basic memory test works fine as listed in the instructions, however, I can't figure out how to set the time. There is a .dsk (140k) image he supplies on his website. I am booting to that with my FloppyEmu which is configured as a 5.25 disk. It boots up fine, but a couple things differ from the PDF instructions on a2heaven.com:

Nowhere on the screen do I see " DClock Copyright ©19AppliedEngineering" and there is no "Clock Utilities menu" to set the clock.

Does anyone have experience with the RamExpress II+ ?

There are a few menu entries to test the memory, which work fine, but no "Clock Utilities menu".

I've attached the 2 disk files in question from the a2heaven site along with the PDF manual for convenience.

DCLOCK.DSK

RamExpressII.DSK

RamExpressII.pdf

Have you tried the DCLOCK.dsk image as well? This is the one with the driver and the clock utilities. Make sure you are selecting it correctly on the floppyemu.

No, I didn't try that one because I thought it only contained the driver that you will need to install on your DOS disk. I can give it a shot though, maybe I'm mistaken.

I was just configuring the CFFA3000 on my Apple II+. At least that is working as expected.

Update: Yeah, that DCLOCK.dsk image is not a boot disk, it just dropped me to the monitor when I tried to boot from it.

Have you tried the DCLOCK.dsk image as well? This is the one with the driver and the clock utilities. Make sure you are selecting it correctly on the floppyemu.

OK, I took a look at the DLOCK.DSK in CiderPress and it does have a lot more files than the driver

"AE.CLOCK.PTCH" "BIN" "$D742" 21-Oct-88 12:15 ProDOS 125
"AE.CLOCK.UTIL" "BIN" "$4000" 27-Oct-88 10:29 ProDOS 361
"AE.IIC.PTCH" "BIN" "$4300" 27-Oct-88 10:34 ProDOS 36
"BASIC.SYSTEM" "SYS" "$0000" 14-Dec-87 16:43 ProDOS 10240
"CLOCK" "BIN" "$B800" 15-Nov-88 17:43 ProDOS 1128
"CLOCKWORKS" "BAS" "$0801" 15-Nov-88 17:58 ProDOS 6226
"DCLOCK.DOC" "TXT" "$0000" 28-Nov-88 12:16 ProDOS 1834
"DCLOCK.SYSTEM" "SYS" "$2000" 27-Oct-88 11:48 ProDOS 1131
"PRODOS" "SYS" "$0000" 23-Nov-88 09:38 ProDOS 15485
"READ.ME" "BAS" "$0801" 28-Nov-88 11:49 ProDOS 990
"SOURCE.UTIL" "TXT" "$0000" 31-Oct-88 12:49 ProDOS 27731
"STARTUP" "BAS" "$0801" 15-Nov-88 13:49 ProDOS 12128

What is odd, this disk starts up without issue in AppleWin (the DCLOCK.DSK) but it will not boot on my Apple IIc plus using the BMOW FloppyEmu.

Anyway, I think I'm going to give up on this and go back to using my plain IIc. Maybe get a no-slot clock in the future. It's not worth all the time I'm wasting trying to get it going on the Apple IIc plus.

I originally bought the RamExpress II+ for my Apple IIc, but I never checked to see if I had the proper motherboard so had to install it into the IIc plus.

Update: Plamen came through with a different disk image. With the one I've attached, I was able to boot to it finally and configure my clock on the Apple IIc plus!

D-Clock.dsk