IGNORED

Fake/Repro Venezuelan 2600 carts on Ebay

MyPawnsEatPpl

So all of the Venezuelan stuff over the years is good? I like to buy boxed retro computer game lots, but get paranoid when I see nice-looking Microcomputer Games-Avalon Hill stuff. Just curious.

what is your definition of good?

Is it authentic? Yes

Some of the inventory may have damage from being in a wharehouse for 30 plus years.

Sounds a bit like my experience buying from the infamous warehouse in Venezuela. I also went a little nuts because customs held my package for over a month. I was pretty freaked out by the news where people had the games cut open slashed boxes as inspectors were looking for drugs. Eventually I did get all the Taiwan Coopers I ordered came in good shape. Yes there is a little normal damage on the cartridge labels and inside just from the 35+ years accumulation age. I later ordered all of the end released Red Labels which were shrink wrap sealed. Opening those up its normal that games some had water marks on the rules and rust on staples. Frankly Mexico is about the only place where you can readily find the some NTSC games which might not have seen distribution at all here in the USA. Just be glad that you can acquired them and not worry about perfection. Perhaps try different consoles for inserting & playing them if the shell is bad or warped. Try the 2600 Jr model which seems to have the easiest game slot, I think that the 7800 is the pickiest for playing 3rd party games.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a listed new unopened 'Gravitar' ('88 Red Box) likely coming from the same source in Venezuela. Will be opening it as a player, hence I"ll be able to check out contents.

My sealed, tab hanger 'Gravitar' arrived. All good. No issues. Absolutely original.

post-52250-0-37924300-1524147299.jpg

post-52250-0-29301700-1524147309.jpg

post-52250-0-72418500-1524147316.jpg

post-52250-0-69593100-1524147322.jpg

• Like 1

On the subject of atari corps garbage quality control. I had a new sealed copy of crossbow 7800 that turned out to be off the wall. As in crossbow label but off the wall inside

That's pretty wild! Typically they were pretty good (or at least relatively consistent) about the 7800, red-label 2600, XEGS, and even backstock 5200 stuff; it's usually their re-released 2600 back catalog where you see all kinds of weirdness stemming from blatant and unapologetic cheapness. (I guess that, and folded-sheet B/W manuals, and the B/W labels on the first batch of 7800 cartridges. :P)

I never heard of that, though...but I can't say I'm surprised, either. :lol:

On the subject of atari corps garbage quality control. I had a new sealed copy of crossbow 7800 that turned out to be off the wall. As in crossbow label but off the wall inside

Completely off the subject, but several years ago I bought a new PS2 game, got it home and the wrong game was on the disc. When I took it back it was way harder than it should have been to explain to the person working the counter what the problem was.

Venezuela has neat PAL pirates.

The amount of work it would take to fake a cart reasonably well would likely outweigh the profit.

Be wary of buying from Venezuela because there is (as mentioned in this thread) a high incidence of damage during shipping, whether it's from shoddy packaging or customs intervention.

I have bought a lot from Venezuela and had mixed experiences. I had a Space Dungeon CIB torn apart by customs. I recently had an order from a vendor where they forgot to include an item. They gave me a refund. The problem is, I might not have made the order if I'd known I wouldn't be getting everything I ordered.

Many of the sellers are routinely starting new accounts because they get poor feedback and then abandon the account and start another. I think if you are patient, most of the sellers will attempt to resolve the inevitable issues you have. There are only a few sellers and some of them keep opening new accounts.